1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
I've shown that house to a couple of friends. I still see you in Marimekko...wasn't there a sheet that could be cut down. Party planning for your dream house, I am. Herb Alpert would provide the ambience.
Well share and share alike! Was reading my other blogs and found this (and anything mid-century now makes me think of you and how funny you are!) which I thought you may like: http://www.fabulousstationery.com/create/mid-century-design/
Well thanks for sharing. It's like a continuing education for me.
ReplyDeleteCool! I'll go check it out... you had me at ripsnorter! :)
ReplyDeleteI will check it out too. I agree with KLT re having me at ripsnorter.
ReplyDeleteI had a look, its great - i love the real estate section, all those great houses in one spot! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThat house has it's groove on Momma!!
ReplyDeleteWill have a gander. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to check it out, but you are the only mid-century blog I'll follow.
ReplyDeleteThat sure is one super cool house :)
ReplyDeleteI've shown that house to a couple of friends. I still see you in Marimekko...wasn't there a sheet that could be cut down. Party planning for your dream house, I am. Herb Alpert would provide the ambience.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely was the Snellman house in Ivanhoe?! That blog sent me down a whole new rabbit hole to a some good sites. Thanks
ReplyDeletek, ripsnorter may just be my new favourite word
ReplyDeleteI subscribe to this too!
ReplyDeleteyou may enjoy this http://uglyhousephotos.com/
ReplyDeletei especially appreciate the commentary. these trends should NEVER come back. EVER!
Well share and share alike! Was reading my other blogs and found this (and anything mid-century now makes me think of you and how funny you are!) which I thought you may like:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.fabulousstationery.com/create/mid-century-design/
Thanks for the link! Getting ideas for renovating a 1960's house! Yipee.
ReplyDelete