Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Email! No way!

I'm presently culling and getting rid of the evidence of my questionable past.

I found a letter from my younger sister written in April 1999.




She writes:

Dear MMMC,
This is bizarre writing you a letter on paper, as I have been getting right into this email thing lately. Do you have an e-mail address, because if you do I can write to you almost everyday! Dig it baby!
If you go into Hotmail (ie www.hotmail.com) you can set up an address for free. So I say, do it, and then we can "cyber chat".

You heard her! Get on board, readers! She thinks it's the next big thing and she says we all need to 'make a date with technology'!

11 comments:

  1. hee hee hee. That is too cute. I like that your sister is looking out for you and making sure you stay current and up to date with technology.

    My main email address is the 1st email address I ever had. I think I started it in grade 7 or 8, which would have been 1997 or 1998. Did I beat you in embracing the new technology?

    I have a handwritten letter to my future children from my middle school best friend, lol. I'm not getting rid of that anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is so sweet. in 1997 my son and dil spent a year in the USA, and had access to email but alas! I did not. I did however have a fax machine, and we were able to keep in constant touch thru that marvel. I photocopied them all (my fax was heatsensitive paper back then), and made an Album... Our Year in America (as told to the parents). I loved being able to say to people....'Oh I had a fax from Rob yesterday!'

    how times change eh, and how quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pity I didn't know your sister back then; we could have mailed each other. Almoust 13 years after I got internet, I still don't find it bizzare to write on paper, though. Quite the opposite, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed this super sweet post!
    How cute was this letter and she was so ahead of her time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say she's now a computer engineer for a large telecommunications company. I emailed her to tell her about this post ... maybe I should fax her or text her or send her a letter about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute. Unless you don't want to talk to her all the time if she's a pest like me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a time capsule!

    For some reason my mind is still blown away by the fax machine. You photocopy it here and it comes out somewhere else in the world?!

    I wonder what is next that we haven't even imagined. Something that we didn't know we couldn't live without...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try the telephone!?
    She's an intuitive person.
    And Deb!!! You a pest???
    Try an angel.
    That's how you come across to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe. I remember I held out on the email thing for so long. Living over a 1000kms from my loved ones I could no longer resist the embrace of technology.
    Network engineer...I know nothing about computee-thangs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha that's so cute! What a funny post. Remember how excited we would get if we received a personal letter in the mail? I couldn't wait to rip it open and would always read it twice - just in case I missed something. Nowadays sometimes I can't be bothered opening my emails. We seem to "screen" everything these days don't we?
    Megs :)

    ReplyDelete