1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Before children (and online ticketing), I used to line-up all night to get tickets to see Green Day. Now with children, I line-up all night to get my child on the Kindy waiting list (and then move to Melbourne only to find my child at the very bottom of every kindy waiting list)! I'm hearing ya!
Too funny, Carmel! I *so* relate. Jimmy Giggle is King on Planet Baby. Forget The Wiggles ☺. Oh, now you've reminded me I was meant to send Joshua's drawing to 'Giggle Gallery', um, months ago...J x
Sarah B, powderfinger was a better gig. But Jimmy G was ever-the -entleman after seeing 300 kids already.
Tracey, I know. Who'd have thought!
Littlemissairgap, you probably just see a queue and join it because you're so used to doing so!
Reader3, M had a 'Santa' experience.
Brismod, put me in The Roxy now, and it'd be "Oh, this is too noisy ... and the carpets are soo sticky ... and hey you, naughty boy, you just spilled your lemonade on me ... and smoking will kill you."
Pam, grandaddies in high-waisted jeans? Egad!
Jane, I was shocked at the turn-out. He was like a superstar!
R&S, all the children took turns saying they wanted to go home, and I said, "I've been in this queue for 1.5hrs and I'm not turning backnow troops!"
MM, EVERYONE was doing just one breast, so I asked for 'Jimmy' on one side and 'Giggle' on the other. I too had a bit of a crush JG, but have decided he wears too much foundation.
I completely agree. I have no idea who this Jimmy Giggle is, but he sure could go lighter on the foundation :) I guess it´s the ultimate summer-look: bright yellow shirt and a "dark" tan. L.
Oh the Roxy. me too. Back in the day. Mama M - go the boob signing. Beats a book signing anytime (and just one letter off on the keyboard...Hey went to a great boobsigning today whoops mean booksigning) too funny. And yes me to with the slacko mum meant to send off a painting to the Giggle Gallery many many MANY months ago. thought E had forgotten but nope, was reminded of it again this week, Guilty! Now I have to find the darn thing.
Clearly you're out of your blog funk. See, i'm up to my eyeballs in motherlyness, but where's the eye candy in children's groups?? You either feel like an old perve (as they get younger & younger in these Hi-5 style bands) or your children are old enough to say "eeewww mum, you're like, married, to like, dad". Your time will come - my eldest daughter's pre-service-teacher emailed her a Utube link to his rock band, so she can rock out during school hours. That's more my speed too these days. Shame Powderfinger broke up before i was free again to go to out at night. Love Posie
Your comments are as funny as your post. I have no idea who Jimmy is but he's rocking those PJ's. Poor Martha doesn't look too happy to see him. You're a good momma.
Oh, man. I can see I'm missing out, here in the states. I used to go to the midnight showing of Rocky Horror. Weekly. Now, if I'm lucky, I don't see midnight. Ever. And if by some freak of fate I do, you can count on the fact that I'm not wearing a lace-up corset and serenading a bunch of guys in drag...Good times!
I'm just deeply impressed that you would venture into the wilds of Indooroopilly one week before Christmas with all your childerbeasts in tow! Martha's expression is priceless and could well be straight out of a Santa photo. My last 2 big nights out before being seriously pregnant with twins were Regurgitator and Cruel Sea at the Roxy and the Queen's Birthday Ball. Then I had to lie down for about ten years!
You crack me up! I know, funny how life changes a bit. I really don't know who this Jimmy Giggle is but I suppose I will soon. My first impression of this guy was that he was a fancy pants dentist or doctors assistant by the shirt. You know, one that likes lots of make-up...
We love Jimmy Giggle! Super cute pic.
ReplyDeletep.s Powderfinger have had their love. Who can resist that cute Hoot?
;)
Have a lovely weekend!
Too funny! I suppose the question to ask yourself is, "did you enjoy it as much as Powderfinger?"
ReplyDelete:)
Haha ... it's amazing how things change isn't it? ;)
ReplyDeleteBefore children (and online ticketing), I used to line-up all night to get tickets to see Green Day. Now with children, I line-up all night to get my child on the Kindy waiting list (and then move to Melbourne only to find my child at the very bottom of every kindy waiting list)! I'm hearing ya!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Child 4 would rather be at Powderfinger. I'm with the Tiny Dancer.
ReplyDeleteYeah...but imagine going to the Roxy now after having four kids...Jimmy Giggle is all you'd be able to handle, surely?
ReplyDeleteHaha know the feeling!
ReplyDeleteDon't leave it too late to see your own concerts though whilst raising beautiful children.
I did, and now these old rockers are all in their twilight years, still rocking but looking like grandaddys with high waisted jeans on.
Definately not the same!
Pam
Too funny, Carmel! I *so* relate. Jimmy Giggle is King on Planet Baby. Forget The Wiggles ☺. Oh, now you've reminded me I was meant to send Joshua's drawing to 'Giggle Gallery', um, months ago...J x
ReplyDeleteAh how things change. The kids would have got such a kick out of this excursion, and their joy is indeed yours. Well done!
ReplyDeleteI've got a little thing for jimmy Giggle, just quietly. I only hope you got him to sign your boob.
ReplyDeleteBron,
ReplyDeletehave a giggly weekend too.
Sarah B, powderfinger was a better gig. But Jimmy G was ever-the -entleman after seeing 300 kids already.
Tracey,
I know. Who'd have thought!
Littlemissairgap,
you probably just see a queue and join it because you're so used to doing so!
Reader3,
M had a 'Santa' experience.
Brismod,
put me in The Roxy now, and it'd be "Oh, this is too noisy ... and the carpets are soo sticky ... and hey you, naughty boy, you just spilled your lemonade on me ... and smoking will kill you."
Pam, grandaddies in high-waisted jeans? Egad!
Jane, I was shocked at the turn-out. He was like a superstar!
R&S, all the children took turns saying they wanted to go home, and I said, "I've been in this queue for 1.5hrs and I'm not turning backnow troops!"
MM, EVERYONE was doing just one breast, so I asked for 'Jimmy' on one side and 'Giggle' on the other. I too had a bit of a crush JG, but have decided he wears too much foundation.
I used to go and see Powderfinger at the Roxy too. Maybe, just maybe, we were moshin' side by side.
ReplyDeleteBernice,
ReplyDeletewere you the girl with the sewing machine in her handbag?
I completely agree. I have no idea who this Jimmy Giggle is, but he sure could go lighter on the foundation :) I guess it´s the ultimate summer-look: bright yellow shirt and a "dark" tan. L.
ReplyDeleteKonfettiform,
ReplyDeleteJimmy Giggle was in his Jimmy Jammies (pyjamas for you Norwegians)!
Oh the Roxy. me too. Back in the day. Mama M - go the boob signing. Beats a book signing anytime (and just one letter off on the keyboard...Hey went to a great boobsigning today whoops mean booksigning) too funny. And yes me to with the slacko mum meant to send off a painting to the Giggle Gallery many many MANY months ago. thought E had forgotten but nope, was reminded of it again this week, Guilty! Now I have to find the darn thing.
ReplyDeleteHahaha this is a funny post! And so ME! I have no idea who Jimmy Giggle is though, but he looks.... happy :)
ReplyDeleteMegs
Michele,
ReplyDeleteI'm watcging Giggle and Hoot everyday now to see a picture by 'Michele' or someone related.
Megs,
See how Jimmy Giggle wears a white t-shirt under his jimmy-jammies to hide his hairy, scary chest? He's happy, but I'm no fool!
Clearly you're out of your blog funk. See, i'm up to my eyeballs in motherlyness, but where's the eye candy in children's groups?? You either feel like an old perve (as they get younger & younger in these Hi-5 style bands) or your children are old enough to say "eeewww mum, you're like, married, to like, dad".
ReplyDeleteYour time will come - my eldest daughter's pre-service-teacher emailed her a Utube link to his rock band, so she can rock out during school hours. That's more my speed too these days. Shame Powderfinger broke up before i was free again to go to out at night. Love Posie
"take one two three four five steps to bedtime,,, hooo hooo..."
ReplyDeletedamn , I didn't know he was there , we could have met up , left my four with yours in the queue and snuck off for a quick coffee ....
Mx
ROFL, this cracks me up.
ReplyDeleteYour comments are as funny as your post. I have no idea who Jimmy is but he's rocking those PJ's. Poor Martha doesn't look too happy to see him.
ReplyDeleteYou're a good momma.
Oh, man. I can see I'm missing out, here in the states. I used to go to the midnight showing of Rocky Horror. Weekly. Now, if I'm lucky, I don't see midnight. Ever. And if by some freak of fate I do, you can count on the fact that I'm not wearing a lace-up corset and serenading a bunch of guys in drag...Good times!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how kids rock our world in a whole new way! Jingles kind of cute...haha
ReplyDeleteOh Carmel, do you miss it terribly? How life changed hey. That is one incredibly cool owl though!
ReplyDeletesuch is life, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteI love the look on Martha's face in that last shot!
cute picture of your kiddos! have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI just coloured a rainbow at 'Giggle and Hoot'! I've never heard of Jimmy; but I do love the look of his fans :)
ReplyDeleteBabies change everything....in the best possible ways.
ReplyDeleteAsk me again why I have cats instead of children.
ReplyDeleteI'm just deeply impressed that you would venture into the wilds of Indooroopilly one week before Christmas with all your childerbeasts in tow! Martha's expression is priceless and could well be straight out of a Santa photo. My last 2 big nights out before being seriously pregnant with twins were Regurgitator and Cruel Sea at the Roxy and the Queen's Birthday Ball. Then I had to lie down for about ten years!
ReplyDeleteNo idea who you're talking about but I get the general idea - you have a fabulous sense of humour! (my eye and your wit - what a pair we make!)
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! I know, funny how life changes a bit. I really don't know who this Jimmy Giggle is but I suppose I will soon. My first impression of this guy was that he was a fancy pants dentist or doctors assistant by the shirt. You know, one that likes lots of make-up...
ReplyDeletelol what a stud! who wouldn't wait all night outside to see him? rock on!
ReplyDelete