Friday, December 10, 2010

Vintage Marimekko is driving me insane

Right now on Etsy it's a vintage Marimekko smorgasbord ...

And I can't buy any of it! I'm completely spent apropos the whole Christmas caper.




I don't know why Marimekko (here be) makes my blood race ...


I don't race for anyone. The above sheet set would make a good doona cover if sewn together ... here be.


This is a Bo Boo doona already ... here be.


Here be ... and here be ...



I remember a friend in Grade Five (circa 1981) having this sheet set ... and when I saw it my eyes popped out of my little head back then! Here be.

We had the below in black as a bed-cover ... Be Hold! Where be you now, black Marimekko bed-cover soft-furnishing thing? Here

13 comments:

  1. 1981? Was that the year a "dingo ate my baby?", i was in grade 2 and lusted after The Muppet show in bedlinen. i obviously wasnt that cool. Not much has changed.( only my taste in bedlinen maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    but you now make beautiful bed linen in the form of quilts ... I'm sure I've told you that at some point. People, look at Melissa's quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you have a lot on your mind at the moment ;)
    (And will we see the "crochet-belt" after new years?

    Enjoy your weekend, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely you don't need to eat for a while. Have a go! There's a Marimekko shop waaaay over in Vancouver and I can't afford a thing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my sister had those bed sheets? Oh the primary colors! Thank you for the throw back
    XO L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marimekko is the best! Have you seen the pattern Ananas?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame you are spent! They are gorgeous and happy. Just lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Bo Boo Doona, it bears similarities to my sons ikea cars, trucks and bus doona. Grade 2 for me, and can't remember my sheets! They were obviously amazing then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reliving the day. We had the cars for our son. Oh marimekko was hot!
    Looks like it's having a rebirth! Happy Jolly winter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love marimekko! If you like the new stuff too, Kiitos Marimekko in New York are great to buy from.
    I think in the eithies I was in love with my Ken Done doona cover. So cool...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Make mine Marimekko!! I'll take all of it...any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suspect I may have been sleeping fitfully beneath a Hobby Holly doona although we had some pretty funky 60's eiderdowns which my sister has since stretched bits of over canvas. The groovy cousins in Brisbania had the big wild Marimekko curtains and quilts. We were overcome with the modernity of it all coming from the country and all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post and so grateful for it. The lovely Bo Boo Doona comforter is now on my son's bed! It was so cool to see that it was such a bargain & in Portland (which is just a few hours away from me). Thanks Carmel!

    ReplyDelete