We went to visit Anon Annie and M the other day. Anon Annie has been reading this blog since the start!
At first, it was going to be me AND the four children but I, fortuitously, discovered the Husband would be home, so I declared 'I need time on my own', so just me and Martha made the trip to AA's.
Here's Child 2, cranky (and sartorially confused) that he can't come. I said, "Stay at home and suffer!"
I whipped-up a Christmas tree decoration for AA. One of the above houses I sewed myself and one of them I bought from Finland (via the Internet) about a year ago ... I wonder whether any of you can pick the one I sewed?
These pirates saw me off on my solo, across-two-suburbs adventure to AA's.
AA is a delight; as is her baby 'M' who, all of a few months older than Martha, classifies Martha as a 'baby'. Which always makes me laugh!
(As I type this post, I can hear my two sons upstairs exclaiming: "Nipples!", "Bigger Nipples", "Ohh! There're some nipples!" ... I'm not even going to investigate ... I really don't care what's prompting that discussion.)
Based on the above, you can now imagine why I'd want to escape my children for some adult company for a couple of hours.
Anyway, Annie lives in a beautiful home ... I was itching to search through her shelves and photograph every little thing. But you don't do that when you visit someone for the first time in their home.
So I photographed her windows. I'm a window fiend and I loved her handcrafted crocheted garland of Christmassy goodness!
Little M brought out her 'Little People' ... this is a terribly bad photo.
And Macaroons were festooned on the floor for toddlers to gather and ingest.
There was much climbing upon wooden elevations to peruse further morning tea delights ...
And then M took us to visit the 'girls' in their Ladies' Lounge ...
Martha's not familiar with chooks, but Miss M is quite the egg collector, I'm led to believe ...
AA has vege patches which rival anything shown on the ABC Gardening Show ...
Stray sock ... there's always one left behind ... a sign of a good time and gay abandon ...
AA is trying to propagate some plastic pegs ... Innovative.
And then there was a Mexican stand-off with the swing ... fair enough.
Gosh AA's a diplomatic swing pusher ...
And then M saw some fresh visitors arrive ... so we dashed home and hung the beautiful hand-crocheted garland that AA gave us for Christmas. AA is too clever and creative.
Child 2, still under some sartorial confusion, suggested I could wear the garland as a belt once Christmas was over.
I think I'll just keep it hanging above the stairs.
I think I'll just keep it hanging above the stairs.
Thanks for a lovely visit AA and M!
Haha - Martha is a sweetie in her blue dress and obviously so very polite. But macaroons festooned on the floor!! Quelle horreur! Do tell that you scooped some up and took them home to enjoy in private later.
ReplyDeleteYou went to visit AA and M! Lucky you and Martha! They look very nice and I love the chooks. And the macarons! Is that your upstairs where the garland is? I love it! Do I spy a dollhouse? I NEED to visit!!!!
ReplyDeleteNot sartorially confused, but sartorially splendiferous. Very hard to tell but I think perhaps you made the decoration on the left? I LOVE the gorgeous cat those pirates are guarding (I'm guessing they are a ruse to show off the gorgeous cat?). AA looks and sounds lovely. When is she moving to Melbourne? And such beautiful little girls you both have. Fulsome posts beg fulsome comments. And that garland could work well as a bikini.
ReplyDeleteMs EM,
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, they were all eaten ... those girls weren't going to let the trifling matter of floor intervention prevent the consumption of macaroons.
Deb, that is our 'atop the stairs'. Yes, that's a dolls' house ... I'd really like to wallpaper its walls, but I'm nervous about embarking on a project which may destroy its integrity.
Zigsma,
Spot on. The one on the left! Those pirates were standing there. The sartorially comatosed one is always putting his pieces dangerously near ceramics. AA is top-shelf ... And I'd fear the eruption of more 'nipple' comments if that garland was bikini-ised.
I forgot to say I think your little house is the one on the left. The green looks a bit MCM to me.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like it was such a fun visit. I can't blame you for abandoning a few children with the hubby. And isn't that bikini garland fantastic? I was also going to say the house on the right was yours...true. xx
ReplyDeletehow wonderful to meet a cyber friend!
ReplyDeletebtw i think the blue house is yours.
As a corollary , as it were, I would like to stamp out the prevalent penchant of clothing companies stitching their labels on the outside of the garment.
ReplyDeleteThere could be a choice.
10% off for the outside intrusive advertising.
Or, two for the price of one.
For those keen on the bikini garland, the 'recipe' is very close to the one posted by the clever 'Royal Sisters'. It is just joined up with a long chain stitch. Martha and MMMC can play in our paddock any ol' time. The divine Miss M thoroughly enjoyed having a fellow shorty to arrange Fisher Price people with...especially one as experienced as Martha ( who is a stylist for her mother's blog don't you know.)
ReplyDeleteI guessed left - it was those spots that were the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI loved Anon Annie's house, the table cloth, macaroons, chickens and veggie patch. (Gardening Australia is one of my favourite shows!) Not to mention that garland, it must surely go on my 2011 to do list!
Glad you had a morning 'out' with big people and the little people seemed very happy!
I have actually photographed the nooks and crannies of AA's very 'inside out' worthy house - while she was out - but then I confessed. What a lovely visit. Wish we could have come too. Perhaps we will swim down one day next week. We could kayak from the top of the mountain, all the way to Brisbane. Gee it's wet.
ReplyDelete