It's not hot!
But can someone start digging that indoor-outdoor pool already!
We haven't gone troppo in the heat!
We don't think we're poncy pirates!
We're not using Spring onions inappropriately ...
Or weeding because of all the recent rain ...
Or mowing like we only mowed a fortnight ago ...
Or making 14 cotton Display Home ornaments ... after making seven tomtes.
We know better ...
Meet Sigvard ...
And Septimus ...
Silas ...
Sebastian ...
Svenbjorn ...
Samson ...
and Sefton. Bit over-dressed for the sub-tropics, fellas!
(I'm only introducing them because they took so long to make and I'll never make another one again!)
I loooove them!
ReplyDeleteThey are very cool - i love the fabics you've put together! Are they pressies?X
Your softies are fantastic! Well worth the effort. I know what you mean about those darn lawns growing do quickly, we are the same down here in Tassie. Yours look lush though :)
ReplyDeleteThere's so many things to like in this post. But the Poncy pirate is gold. xxx
ReplyDeleteOnce upon a time there were seven dwarves who preferred to be gnome as tomtes. They had two houses each- one for their busy week day life and another week-end getaway on the North coast or maybe Sweden. They showered blessings on a family of bigguns. There was a hairy Noodle beast. a gardener, a tidy pirate, two mermaids, a diver and the invisible grand controller, who was a storyteller and most handy with needle and thread. And they all lived happily ever after!
ReplyDeletePoncy pirate was my fave!! I love the houses. You're so talented at sewing, and use great fabrics. Is Samson sitting on shelving you re-vamped? That rainbow didn't pass me by. It is humid!!
ReplyDeleteJennie,
ReplyDeleteyou know I used a pattern from the Scandinavian Stitches book - wonderful because I used up a lot of scraps!
Sarah B,
thank you. The lawn (I'm told) is Walter Raleigh and it looks after itself! Thank you, Sir!
Brismod, thank you. This was a 'I've got nothing' post! Poncy pirate is his own man.
AA,
you put it all in perspective.
R&S,
that Billy bookshelf is pure Ikea. Poorly hammered together though.
You had me at Spring Onions!
ReplyDeleteOoooh, by the way, I've posted about your little gift in the mail that I received today. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thank you so much. We love it! Had to arm restle with the eldest to ensure it stayed on the family Christmas tree and not on her own private one in her room!
ReplyDeleteI love all of them! XO L
ReplyDeleteWhen we were young we had a fabulous sprinkler ... I think you need one! I love your super "s" family.
ReplyDeleteI want to be one of your kids. Adopt me please. Make room for ten more (me+9 cats). I promise you won't even notice we're there, we're quiet and clean people.
ReplyDeleteLook at the wee rainbow behind the wee-est child!
ReplyDeleteAnd I know just where I would put all those delicious vases from last post. (love that one is your blog header)
Septimus does look happy, but how can he be comfortable? And instead of Poncy Pirate I somehow read 'Pontius Pilate' and had to go back at the end of the post and re-read it just in case. Too much Catholic going on around here. Well done sewing-fiend with those crazy kids!
ReplyDeleteKnicky Knacks,
ReplyDeletethe Husband mi;ks his vegetables for as many laughs as he can get! Sad really.
HHUK, you know what I think of you ... and I often think of how different our experiences are ... mainly because of the seasons.
NessaKnits, Sprinkler! I know! Had one. Disappeared. Bunnings.
Bobbi, anytime. So long as ONE of those cats would chase away the bushturkeys! You're the funniest Italian I know!
Jasmin, so perceptive of you. But that's no surprise to me ... Those vases all mean alot to me ... part of me, really. I could tell you how each one feels to hold, without holding it. Like a baby!
More sartorial splendour! That is one stylin' little person!!
ReplyDeleteSo warm looking over there! Love the poncy pirate and child 3 with the goggles. You can never be too safe with goggles! Sweet little girls and tempting tomtes! You should be a stylist for home decor magazines. Of course you know I like the wee houses best.
ReplyDeleteThat Poncy Pirate rocks my socks. Really, MMMC, what do you feed them? Your softies are delightful, demonstrating more prowess and patience at the sewing table than I'll ever muster. Just wow.
ReplyDeleteI love your little people and the houses BUT I'm so jealous of your weather we have had below zero at night with a high of 3 degrees for over a week now I'm so cold and jealous of your heat. Boy a girl could thaw out down there!
ReplyDeleteI have been so busy, less than 2 weeks left before I close my little store...I can't wait!
Those creatures are amazing. So much personality. Cannot wait for warm weather and sprinkling water xo
ReplyDeleteYour tomtes reminded me of something and it occurred to me this morning that its the Spanish Inquisition...the lovely Mel Brooks one of course. All those pointy hats and uncomfortable doorknobs and dangly legs...yet still smiling. Happy little tomtes!
ReplyDeleteThanks for introducing us to your crafty side. Love these guys...and the houses - too cute.
ReplyDeletePam x
Doesn't get any better than a sprinkler does it?? Well yes, a lovely inground pool, but you know, gorgeous fun!! Love Posie
ReplyDeleteGreat tomtes and houses! And the green grass! I long for summer. The first picture is my favourite :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see everyone playing outside in the sun. We are sort of stuck inside watching the rain outside these days. Love all of your plush too!
ReplyDelete