For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
John Donne 1623.
He was an actor.
A scholar.
A commentator.
Best friend to Gordon.
My muse.
Vale Horsey.
John Donne 1623.
He was an actor.
A scholar.
A commentator.
Best friend to Gordon.
My muse.
Vale Horsey.
Thinking of you in this time of sadness - Horsey will be missed.
ReplyDeleteNoooooooooooooooooooo!
ReplyDeleteOh please, say it aint so!
Oh, please don't tell me Horsey is no longer!
ReplyDeleteWhat on earth has happened to our hero?
Surely his grandfather can reassemble him .
My mourning is profound and unbearable .
Surely such a horse so versatile and vital, can rise again from what looks like the victim of a misplaced boot.
Never say die my Horsey. Get lost John Donne!
Get back to the pulpit.
Oh Horsey, RIP
ReplyDeleteNo!!!!!!!!!!! I'm too in shock to comment... can't find the words.
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm in shock ... I'm going through the seven stages ... eighth stage will be 'glue' ... but there's piece lost. There are always lost pieces.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a clean break so I suspect he wasn't in any pain ... the 'suspect' hasn't raised his/her hand. I'm not casting aspersions ... what's done is done.
I really can't say more than that.
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone...W H Auden. It is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thank you for helping me get my mojo back! Trace
K-K,
ReplyDeleteso glad you're back! Really. One step ... WH Auden - what a beautiful poem despite being ruined by the Hugh Grant-foppishsness and his 90s cronies.
What a beautiful poem.
Horsey. Brittle plastic.
I am weeping. Until we meet again, Horsey...xx
ReplyDeleteHas anyone told Oprah? She'll probably want to do an episode on it...
ReplyDeleteNay! Say it isn't so! Neigh!!!!
ReplyDeleteNo chance for resurrection then?
ReplyDeleteOh no, say is isn't so! Poor Horsey. Well he can join the poor Moose in his resting place. Er, the kitchen drawer.
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for you and all of us, actually.
Oh No! Horsey :(
ReplyDeleteToday is a sad sad day.
Oh, Horsey; so sudden, so unexpected. Is there no hope of recovery? (imagining myself in four pieces... it's maybe a dum question).
ReplyDeleteThis is like when I gave my first doll to my niece not thinking that I would ever have a girl of my own.....the next time I came to visit she had no hair.....the next no leg!
ReplyDeletepoor poor well loved horse!!!
Noooooooooooooo! i am sobbing.
ReplyDeletegod bless Horsey!
oh nooo, horsey!! No please, try to save him!!
ReplyDelete...it is so sad when they leave.
aaargh! Really hope you are able to fix him!!xx
ReplyDeleteGood night, little cowpoke! Praise be that Gordon was not astride ye in your time of departure. Ride on into the shiny green prairies of Fisher Price Heaven.
ReplyDelete(He could always do a Darth Vader and be resurrected with bionics, tape and Princess Aralditie.)
Poor Horsey though 30 is quite a good age for a horse isn't it? Sad that his end was violent. His greatest moment was on Oprah (or being Oprah). But he'll be remembered for his versatility in taking on any role required of him. And for deciding to take stables with a curious mid-century household on the other side of the world. Weird or what???
ReplyDeleteOh, Horsey, you will be missed. MMM-C, you're in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh deer (sp), I mean horse...
ReplyDeleteMy heart is broken. Dear sweet Horsey...
ReplyDeleteAlas poor Gordon, we loved him well.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, what a very sad day. What a very full life he led. He inspired us all. I'm gutted.
ReplyDeleteAnd how soon can you get a new one?!
Oh this is so very sad, and I really feel ashamed of my laughter but I'm only laughing because of the happy surprise I got as I found out you actually visited Sweden once and what a great trip you seem to have had. And now I feel a bit sorry I never knew you were here because then you might have got one of our Duplo horses as a Scandinavian gift (Lego is nearly Swedish I think since Denmark is only a bridge away) and then maybe this sorrow would not have been this harsh on you. I'm sorry you never got here. Tell me next time you decide to have a holiday in a snowy country which has produced geniuses like Bjorn and Benny. I'll be prepared with all my horses and a package of Moomin biscuits.
ReplyDeleteOmg the picture is so traumatizing...and you just posted it there...no warning for your faithful 3 readers as you call us. Rage horsey rage against the dying of the day....where are those kings horses and men...no wait they are useless and have a terrible track record. Super glue is the key but alas he may never be the same and best not to mention the glue word around horse I guess. Do your best!
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! How sad ... I hope he can be assisted back to good health even if a few pieces are missing!!
ReplyDeletecreepy, did I not call this? I wish I had seen this post earlier to comfort you in your time of grief.
ReplyDeleteMum & I will cover the shipping and start preparing the burial site.