When it comes to copying, try to be quick off the mark ... that way you almost appear as if you're not copying.
Right now, I'm copying Zigsma's copying of MissMollyCoddle's possession of swan.
Here is my swan ... unlike Zigsma's collectible porcelain swan ... mine is cement.
It's insanely heavy, has never seen a lake, would scratch a mantlepiece to buggery if I could heave it upon one, and it has evil eyes ... with such evil eyes, it would be suitable for holding Curbside Style's vampire pegs.
I keep finding things covered in mould. I yelped a shocked 'Yelp' earlier when I noticed my stacked Arne Jacobsens had been infiltrated by mould!
Nothing that some Orange Oil and some tender polishing can't fix.
Look at that green stuff ... it's the humidity ... and the fact no one is allowed to sit on them. Tyrannical? Maybe.
Look at them lined up for their bath!
(I had a swan song lined up for your entertainment, but it stubbornly refused to upload from youtube. Maybe next post.)
That is one mother of a duck! Now go and get those chairs polished up. They're freaking me out with all that gray/green dust on them.
ReplyDeleteThat is one scary looking cement swan.
ReplyDeleteI concur, the swan is scary but I think the mould on the chairs is scarier!
ReplyDeleteI've noticed that creature in other pics of your backyard and foolishly assumed it was made from a car tyre.
ReplyDeleteSilly me. It's worse.
Just put it out on the curb for the Gardening Angels to pick up this weekend, as they assume it was washed up by the flood.
No one in their senses would have it in their yard otherwise.
It has evil eyes and evil intent.
Then -
"Weave a circle round it thrice,
And close your eyes in holy dread,
For you on honey dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise".
(Apologies to S.T.Coleridge)
Unlike Zigsma's sleek specimen, I can only say that swan looks a little rough. A swan song? Swan lake may be a stretch. Mould is the new black.
ReplyDeleteOh God, it's horrendous! Won't somebody think of the children?
ReplyDeleteEven my Vampiric pegs will not dare be cradled in that hell beasts bosom.
As for your Arne Jacobson chairs, have you tried using Danish Oil? I find it brings timber up a treat!
MCM,
ReplyDeletechairs are now all oiled, you'd be pleased to know! And stacked ... Don't think of sitting on them! One day I'd like to get one of those Saarinen tulip tables for them ... I, of course, exist in a delusion phantasy world.
Wendy,
it must be scary for you to think it's scary! You stand impressively unfazed by a blood-spurting head wound!
Deb, is there mould in Canada?
DMC,
swan is so heavy, no flood would life it. Has Mr DMC been reading you romantic poems again?
Sonia,
mould is the new black? Good to know ... good to know.
Estelle,
I have heard of the mysterious elixir that is Danish Oil ... but I move in non-Danish oil rubbing circles ... please elucidate.
I wonder if you'll be able to breath properly in this dry climate (when you come to visit, that is).
ReplyDeleteI've heard about guard dogs, but never guard swans. You have one brave postman. I wonder if the eyes glow in the dark?
Unfortunately, we do have mould here too. Mostly on food in my pantry.
ReplyDeleteThose chairs are amazing...what are you saving them for???? I have to say as a child I was chased by a goose and I can't say I like them. Maybe they are all evil!
ReplyDeleteThat is one evil swan .. I like it though.
ReplyDeleteWhy'd your chairs get mould on them :( I don't think I've seen that before on furniture, maybe I should check mine!
When i'll come to Australia i'll bring my colors and i repaint the swan for you and will make it look friendly. Maybe i'll add a pair of false eyelashes. Australian cement swan- meets Moulain Rouge.
ReplyDeleteconfession: my parents had the tulip table with chairs...all white and shiny...they sold it. My mom said at the time they were going out of fashion!!!
You'll have to see Black Swan at the movies now. I think your swan is funky. I'd shove a big cactus in it.
ReplyDeleteHow come I've never noticed your Arne chairs before? Please tell me they are in use and not permanently stacked. And they would look good around any table I would think.xx
Er, mould - one of the things I was most pleased to leave behind in Sydney. Along with the humidity. Temperature climes have much to recommend them! So pleased it came off, Carmel. J x
ReplyDeleteI think your swan is beautiful! In a Natalie Portman kinda way.
ReplyDeleteOh those chairs... how cool to own them (even with mold).... :)
ReplyDelete