Monday, January 31, 2011

No sympathy for faker bush turkeys

This is a bush turkey pretending, to me, that it's dead on the lawn.


Faker!


This is the same bush turkey when it realises I haven't called for the services of the Bondi Vet ... 


 I really would kill it with my bare hands if I could be bothered mustering any speed.


This is what the 'I'll-pretend-to-be-dead-and-she-won't-notice-the-mess' bush turkey did to my pot of dirt.

22 comments:

  1. You wouldn't really hurt it would you? It was very naughty though. Very pesky turkey :)
    Thanks for your coment about MONA. The original house was super cool, so well ahead of its time. Mum and Dad were friends of the owners and mum said she was blown away by how well furnished it was, when they were there in the 70's. You could have walked in today and it would have been very very in fashion. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah B,
    No, I couldn't kill that bird. I don't like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder he was faking it after making all of that mess.

    You will just have to ring the Bondi vet to see what he suggests that you do to deter the BT moving in with you...or ...I know...plant something in your pot!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pesky things they are! Lets hope it doesn't make a mound in your yard. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam,
    I just may have to plant something in the pot ... You're a genius!

    Brismod,
    I'm not sure I could handle a mound in the yard just now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since when do you live in the bush? Or is that just a very confused bird?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerry,
    they're more correctly termed 'scrub turkeys' ... very common in the western suburbs of Brisbane. Too common.

    Ingrid,
    I'll post you one! The babies are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their necks really freak me out. They look very funny when they run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think its sunbaking, our chooks do that too. Yes theyre a bugger when they dig up your pots.
    Is turkey on the menu at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OBH,
    you should see my neck (actually you have) ... and when I run ... which is why I try to avoid moving at a rapid run-like pace.

    Melissa,
    maybe it was sunbaking ... it was ridiculously hot today. Regardless, it was shifty-looking. We had chicken for dinner!

    Quiltmaking isn't a fast craft, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is sunbaking, roasting itself...or flaunting it's sun kissed, mangy feathers at the turkey scrubbers. Ours must have a mound as the kids have spotted bush turkey spawn or Son of bush turkey, if you will.
    There's still a raunchy young male or two malingering by our chook pen. I' know when I'm not there they click their feathered fingers in unison and chant in a scratchy turkey chorus, "When you're a jet, you're a jet...!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plant some really prickly cactus into the pot - that'll teach him next time he tries to dig out the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe those pesky creatures are allowed to run amok! Reminds me of our vicious rooster at the LC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cheeky turkey! and that bondi vet, a local hero of yours?? hubba.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pill, I'll stick with the moose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one ugly bird and it would freak me out to have it in my yard. Do they run from you when you walk outside?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, dear Carmel,
    what a roast!
    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I reckon strangle The Bondi Vet first :))))) - he works around the corner from me.

    And aha - CARMEL - and I thought your name was MMMC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man, he got hit with the Ugly Stick, and hard. Sorry about your pot...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why do you have a pot of dirt? Did I miss something in my absence?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had NO idea turkeys payed dead! Go figure. Vising from Broken Poet. Hi!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete