1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
We love FLW.
This is for you, Mr Lloyd Wright.
Surely someone in this house has to be an architect one day?
Lego, the building blocks of architects everywhere :D So they can design/build you a MCM inspired house in 20 or so years time? good thinking, I like that.
Zigsma, I didn't get a chance to touch this one ... the eldest did it all. It's tiny.
Helen, I just want someone to design something ... get those nice fine black pens ... write with a nice script ... I didn't think about a domicile for the aged mother!
I really have to come and play at your house. Really. The Sylvanian Familes caravan, Frank Lloyd Wright's Lego, Moomins' books...heaven. My call for adoption is still on. Please adopt this poor orphan and her nine cats, you'll notice her only when she'll giggle while playing with your toys...please...
How great is that. I have a brother who is an architect...but we used to have cuisenaire blocks when we were kids...our parents never bought us lego..sadly...
You must read the book, 'Loving Frank', which a good read about his life. It is one of those books that was flying through the book clubs in the US - fascinating story... XOL
man, that lego stopped my in my tracks the other day. took my kids to the peggy g. exhibition here in perth and in the gallery shop they had falling water, i nearly fainted i loved the concept so much!
Guggie! Love it! Bet you had fun. Living out your dreams vicariously through the children?
ReplyDeleteLego, the building blocks of architects everywhere :D
ReplyDeleteSo they can design/build you a MCM inspired house in 20 or so years time? good thinking, I like that.
Zigsma,
ReplyDeleteI didn't get a chance to touch this one ... the eldest did it all. It's tiny.
Helen,
I just want someone to design something ... get those nice fine black pens ... write with a nice script ... I didn't think about a domicile for the aged mother!
Talent aplenty there for sure. I hoped the 22 year old would be one of those..no luck :)
ReplyDeleteI had no idea Lego was so hip!
ReplyDeleteTa Da! Wouldn't we love to build our homes that quickly.
ReplyDeleteYou could be a lawyer/architect! Easy peasy.
A pat on the back to her. Nice job. Another great FLW for you to study.
ReplyDeleteI love Frank, I got to tour his home once amazing just amazing.
ReplyDeleteI really have to come and play at your house. Really. The Sylvanian Familes caravan, Frank Lloyd Wright's Lego, Moomins' books...heaven. My call for adoption is still on. Please adopt this poor orphan and her nine cats, you'll notice her only when she'll giggle while playing with your toys...please...
ReplyDeleteAwesome. When I was little I would make banks out of lego! I wonder what my parents thought...
ReplyDeleteCool lego set. We're in Hogwarts mode over here.
ReplyDeleteI can't keep up with you and Lilli's banners!
It's a fun surprise!
How great is that. I have a brother who is an architect...but we used to have cuisenaire blocks when we were kids...our parents never bought us lego..sadly...
ReplyDeleteNow that is cool. Megan
ReplyDeleteWhat does eldest child want to be when grown up? This girls gonna backpack around the world and declare "made that" at so many significant buildings.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for you re. future architect offspring. Love the cool Lego!
ReplyDeleteI think one of mine made that out of mud last week!
ReplyDeleteCoolest lego I have ever seen. You are on the right track for breeding architects with this one. Good thinking 99.
ReplyDeleteYou must read the book, 'Loving Frank', which a good read about his life. It is one of those books that was flying through the book clubs in the US - fascinating story... XOL
ReplyDeleteWow - that's amazing ... Lego is seriously cool! :)
ReplyDeleteman, that lego stopped my in my tracks the other day. took my kids to the peggy g. exhibition here in perth and in the gallery shop they had falling water, i nearly fainted i loved the concept so much!
ReplyDelete