1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Warning!
On your first day at school ...
... don't use your teeth to open your new lunch box.
Every child in his class will remember their first day of school as the day that, "the really cool kid lost his tooth". Starting the year with a bang not a whimper!
Can it be that Dapper Dan is going off to be institutionalised so soon? Please get him out of his uniform ASAP after school and back into his civvies to prolong the dapperness as long as you can. Perhaps a quick spin in the pirate ensemble is in order. Do you have an efficient tooth fairy? Ours always gets lost and turns up late after the kids complain in the morning. Silly fairy!
Yay. Now I have visual evidence for why it is important never to open stuff with your teeth. I still open stuff with my teeth in front of my Mother because it elicits shreaks of "Don't do that your teeth will fall out!!!' and makes me feel all nostalgic. Loving being back reading your blog! x
Reader 3, I see it as one less tooth the Husband has to pull!
Deb, yes, exactly!
Annie, don't worry about Dapper Dan, he brings his own interpretation to his school uniform, so he always manages to look a little different. Tooth fairy is a tad tardy in this 'burb.
Brismod, you think along the same lines as Reader 3!
CK, where've you been? You been busy in the real world, haven't you? You make me laff.
Pam, the tooth fairy does come here ... eventually. The tooth fairy tonight has been left a questionnaire to complete! Really.
Catherine, I get a bit queasy too. Thank goodness he used his tooth and not his eye socket or something.
I.S, yes, makes me a bit sad ... growing up and all.
Ruby, He was sick anyway, so I was called early. The teacher seemed quite proud of him!
oh oh...He must have been real hungry, poor child...
I've been busy busy busy lately and I couldn blog that much, so I've lost a couple of your post. I was checking them now and I discovered you have the Silvanyan families caravan that was in my christmas wish list!! OH MY GOD!! I must have it. Now. Santa ignored me this year. I wanted a Silvanyan Families caravan and an Ewan Mcgregor. You lucky lady.
Every child in his class will remember their first day of school as the day that, "the really cool kid lost his tooth". Starting the year with a bang not a whimper!
ReplyDeleteWhoops!
ReplyDeleteCan it be that Dapper Dan is going off to be institutionalised so soon? Please get him out of his uniform ASAP after school and back into his civvies to prolong the dapperness as long as you can. Perhaps a quick spin in the pirate ensemble is in order.
ReplyDeleteDo you have an efficient tooth fairy? Ours always gets lost and turns up late after the kids complain in the morning. Silly fairy!
It's good to establish a reputation on day one, I say. Ripping your lunch box open with your teeth is a good one. xx
ReplyDeleteYay. Now I have visual evidence for why it is important never to open stuff with your teeth. I still open stuff with my teeth in front of my Mother because it elicits shreaks of "Don't do that your teeth will fall out!!!' and makes me feel all nostalgic. Loving being back reading your blog! x
ReplyDeleteDoes the tooth fairy come to your house? Pam x
ReplyDeleteooh, my hand is over my mouth...
ReplyDeletea different smile for few weeks :) he is cute anyway !
ReplyDeleteyep very cool on day one. Visit to the office??? Did you get the call???
ReplyDeleteReader 3,
ReplyDeleteI see it as one less tooth the Husband has to pull!
Deb,
yes, exactly!
Annie,
don't worry about Dapper Dan, he brings his own interpretation to his school uniform, so he always manages to look a little different. Tooth fairy is a tad tardy in this 'burb.
Brismod,
you think along the same lines as Reader 3!
CK,
where've you been? You been busy in the real world, haven't you? You make me laff.
Pam,
the tooth fairy does come here ... eventually. The tooth fairy tonight has been left a questionnaire to complete! Really.
Catherine,
I get a bit queasy too. Thank goodness he used his tooth and not his eye socket or something.
I.S,
yes, makes me a bit sad ... growing up and all.
Ruby,
He was sick anyway, so I was called early. The teacher seemed quite proud of him!
what did you pack his lunch in, a metal cash box?
ReplyDeleteAh, tres interesting! This is your place? I like it. Losing teeth is a grisly business.
ReplyDeleteoh oh...He must have been real hungry, poor child...
ReplyDeleteI've been busy busy busy lately and I couldn blog that much, so I've lost a couple of your post. I was checking them now and I discovered you have the Silvanyan families caravan that was in my christmas wish list!!
OH MY GOD!!
I must have it. Now. Santa ignored me this year. I wanted a Silvanyan Families caravan and an Ewan Mcgregor.
You lucky lady.
Too funny..... and the post "previously on makeminemidcentury"
ReplyDeleteGood job! At least he managed to hang onto the tooth!
ReplyDeleteouch ... that's one epic first day!
ReplyDeletePoor baby I was at a party last week and a woman there had snapped off a crown on her front tooth trying to open a package...too funny!
ReplyDeleteI forgot I gave you an award!!
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing once pulling Legos apart. Pay up Tooth Fairy!
ReplyDeleteDentistry has definitely been one of those "expenses" i didn't think about when i decided to have a bunch of kids....oye!
ReplyDeleteHeadlines:
ReplyDeleteTOOTH FAIRY COMES TO SCHOOL.
Hope the day was otherwise trauma-less.
Off to school with the tooth fairy!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't happen often.
Age creeping in.
Hope the rest of the day went according to plan.