And, there are more blogs I keep adding to it. I'm sinking in a boggy blog world. It's because pleasant people comment on my blog and then I want to follow their blogs. That was my initial policy when I had Three Readers, but now it's getting a little unwieldy, so I think I have to do a policy back flip.
I also lost a 'follower' last week. Initially, I was shocked. But, I got over it.
Then, someone pointed out to me, that a lot of blog authors like to reply to their commentors via their emails ... I don't. I usually just reply via the Comments Page - that's easier for me. But other blog authors, who take their time and like to make connections with people, like to respond via email ... so if you comment, and don't have a reply email, you may not get a response to your comment. Sad.
Actually, Anna Bartlett told me the same thing when I started blogging, so I set-up an mmmc.gmail account, and I was surprised at how many emails I started to receive from people.
On another matter, Ms Konfettiform, one of my Norwegian friends, has tagged the blog for a ...
Lena from Konfettiform is very stylish, clever and is always revealing beautiful things. She has just jointly released an on-line magazine with another Norwegian blog hviit which is very inspiring!
I really like my Norwegian contingent. They are the most loyal of the Scandinavian blogs I follow, and are very supportive and funny.
I was listening to the radio the other day in the car, and the fellow was interviewing a Norwegian lady who'd written a recipe book. She sounded very English, by that I mean she didn't have a heavy Norwegian accent ... for some reason I expected she would have ... but in her voice I imagined all my Norwegian readers, and though it wasn't the "Interview of the Century", I couldn't stop listening to her. I was transfixed, because everything she said was coming straight from Norway, and she was that much closer to the Norwegian readers than I was. So I thought they were all talking to me!
Insane, really.
So, back to the Award ... which requires one to list three things one likes, and then forward the Award on.
Three things I like ... and, for some reason, they centre on Child 2.
1. I like this mug because I serve him warm milk in it for breakfast every morning.
I should be more precious about it because it's 'vintage' Villeroy and Boch from when I was little. But that's what mugs are for. Serving liquids. And I like to see it used.
I love this mug and I love Child 2. Sometimes.
2. I like how Child 2's esophagus last night let the one dollar coin he swallowed pass into his stomach without it becoming blocked. And then I liked how his stomach allowed it to pass into his small intestine without it becoming blocked.
See the coin in the middle of his digestive tract?
For what seemed like a long time between the call to the emergency department and the X-ray being taken, Child 2 was called a 'little bugger' and worse.
3. I like how little boys of Child 2's age will send each other Christmas cards which express their love for each other.
I don't know for how long this will last. Not long, I expect, but I like its unashamed honesty. In fact, I love it.
I'm tagging four blogs:
Raine and Sage because she's extremely clever at rejuvenating furniture and she's amassed herself a strong 'following' in a very short time. That deserves recognition in my books.
Olive and Esther because she's a quiet, little Brisbane blog who is extremely clever at crocheting and other crafty things, and she has a good vintage 'eye'. She deserves more attention!
Curbside Style because she's another Australian blog who is constantly amazing me with the clever things she comes up with, and her knack for finding groovy old Op Shop things stops me in my Mid-Century tracks.
Things to Make and Do because it's a little blog that I think also needs more attention. Jane has a wonderful artistic bent and her blog is delightfully different from any other. She also has a Christmas Cracker toy collection!
Jump on board!

I so agree I'm amazed by emails and comments is there a courtesy I don't know.....I'm confused too. I also lost a follower once and I was amazed at how I analyzed myself, then I thought this is silly and its suppose to be plain old fun! you won't ever lose me your just too cute!
ReplyDeleteOh thanks god, I was getting desperate for something to post about. I was about to start posting about a corn on my foot...oh dear
ReplyDeleteI like your child two too. He seems to be a rather fine little fellow and I am impressed that he was able to pass a one dollar coin from one end to the other without injury. Perhaps he should take up a residency in a side show? It would certainly add to his street cred when he starts school. I always wanted to be a bearded Lady myself, but your not generally allowed to start hormone replacement therapy when your 8.
Thanks for tagging me :)
Ah, yes...the old-eat-the-coin-collection trick! Little bugger.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. I find it dificult keeping up with all the blogs I follow and if I don't get around to commenting on the post of one of my regular commenters I feel really mean, like I'm neglecting them!
ReplyDeleteI like your list of 3 things, especially the coin in the x-ray. I'm sure your son is quite proud of it!
This whole replying to comments business still baffles me...I still don't know what is appropriate... Good on you for using the Villeroy and Boch cup. No point having it if you don't use it, I say. xx
ReplyDeleteI am with you about drowning in blogs, but I love them, so I don't ever unfollow. But then I have to set aside a month to read them all, then people comment on my blog, and I always try to make a courtesy stop back over to the commenters blog, and then leave them a comment, because I am slack with commenting back with individual comments on my blog, then I join a meme with another 4,000 blogs I should go and check....arghhh....know what I mean ?
ReplyDeletepoor child 2! and poor you as well!! thank goodness for a clever $1. i know what you mean about the keeping up. i think other people are all having the same problem too especially in the busy lead up to christmas. i am an email replier, it is so much quicker and easier and i always wonder if people would come back to see the comment i replied in the comment section. or does it tell you?
ReplyDeleteHeidi,
ReplyDeleteI don;t think there's a courtesy ... I guess it's nice to get an acknowledgment along the way. I know a lot of New Zealand bloogers I follow all email me back. I don't know when they find the time! Good advice re follower loss, too!
Estelle,
laughing. Child Two is currently living under the motto of: "If it's not yours, don't touch it" ... he just broke my watch, in addition to swallowing much-needed cash, so he's costing us a fortune!
Wendy,
Little bugger, indeed! A few of my readers use the word 'bugger' when it comes to their children ... why is that?
Aussie-waffler, you're waffling! But I know what you mean!
Megan, but what if a commenter doesn't have an email to respond to? That must be frustrating? ANd it doesn't tell you if people come back and read ... I always just comment in the comments (as I'm doing now ... I guess people come back and read).
Oh thanks for those blog tips, i've gone to say hello to the couple i didn't know. I try hard to follow lots of blogs, good thing i can type fast & manage a dozen open at a time, as one uploads, i'm reading & commenting on others. You know, want something done, ask a mother of 4!! Love Posie
ReplyDeleteBrismod,
ReplyDeleteyes, it must be used, and he sees it as his cup now, whicg=h is nice.
Posie,
four children impede my blog activity. Don't know how you do it!
After the shenanigans with my Child No1 followed by her brother No2 I am sticking by the statement Children make their parents looks and feels old.
ReplyDeleteOh my, the coin! Did Child 2 end up keeping it once it reappeared? ;-) As for keeping up with all of your blogs, you need an iPad & Google Reader. You'll be able to read your blogs on the go or on the loo ... perfect :-)
ReplyDeleteThis blogging business is turning into a full time job! I was thinking the same thing about the reply emails!
ReplyDeleteGlad Child 2 is okay. I tried that don't touch anything that isn't yours tactic and it didn't work. Hope it works for you!
I lost a follower once and it hurt! Then I had a pity party on my blog and gained a few more! Thanks for the update on good blogs to read.
Hello -- I'm just back from a weekend away and am so honoured that you tagged my blog. Thank you so much. Now I must blog and blog in order to be worthy!
ReplyDeleteJane x
Oh, my poor favourite-designer-boy! Our hope for the future, the one who will deliver his mother mid-century-treasures at the old-peoples-home. I'm glad you are good, and that Oliver loves you.
ReplyDeleteI seem to have a few followers who can't seem to make up their mind, they come and go, and they punish me by leaving if I don't answer mails...
Kotaatok,
ReplyDeleteyou should see my wrinkles! You wouldn't recognise me!
LittleMiss A-G,
I like the sound of an i-pad ... and we've yet to see the coin. It's still there for all we know.
Deb,
they are good blogs ... no one else has come on board! More's the pity!
Jane,
my pleasure. Your blog is great as is!
Lilli,
I do think it'll be Child 2 who visits in the nursing home, and his pal Oliver adores him! It's nice. (Fickle followers sometimes. Hard to please. And then there are the dumb ones (me) who need poetic prose explained all the time!)
Comment where you want and don't where you don't .. I don't mind! LOL. Now that xray of your child piggy bank is crying out to be attached to one of those large water bottles that gets delivered to your neighbours house by the waterman (as happens in my case), and used forever as a piggy bank. Glad it came out .. somewhere ...
ReplyDeleteOh no, that's not being dumb, that's simply not being willing to accept any mumbo jumbo being thrown at you. Writing in prose is sometimes an excellent way of hiding that you really can't write - or have nothing to say :)
ReplyDeleteMMMC know how you feel...wish i could get paid for stalking, i mean, following blogs. don't worry about losing one...you've gained me as your "patient"! :)
ReplyDeletei think everyone understands when bloggers can't get to them all the time...i'd say you are doing a brilliant job!
Thank-you so much for my 'cherry on top' award. So lovely. I was thinking I should "tag" you back but probably doesn't make alot of sense. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, they give me a real laugh. Sorry about this, but I chuckled for days about your brother's hair. I carried that mental image in my head for a week. Please don't tell him, sounds like he has been traumatised enough. Please do a post when that coin comes out (not to graphic) but I bet there will be another great story attached to the event. You great way with words will mean you will be a fab lawyer one day. The magistrate is going to love you.
ReplyDelete