So, I did it. I got the Danish Filigran Christmas tree. This is how it's packed. Simply. In a bag.
I thought long-and-hard for weeks about getting it.
I'd even tee'd up a carpenter friend to make one ... but then I thought 'You'll never be satisfied with anything but the Danish Filigran Tree' ... and if I'd gotten one made, I would have wasted everyone's time because I wouldn't have liked it.
I love this. It is light, simple, and beautiful.
It doesn't scream Christmas. It's more decorative.
We'll still put up our other big green tree, as we usually do, on December 1st.
But this one can greet people at the door.
What do I like about this one? It's simple and logical to construct. It took two minutes!
I also like its simple symbolism. It's a Christmas tree without being a Christmas tree. And ironically, it's more real than a fake plastic tree.
Child One decorated it.
And that's the other thing I like about it. It only requires a set-number of ornaments - 24 to be exact.
(So, in future, I could use it as an Advent Calendar tree ... )
Well, 25 ornaments, if you count the angel.
The Husband warned it was too early to put it up ... because of this type of behaviour.
Oh MMM-C you really were born in the wrong country. I agree it is more real than the plastic green numbers. I'm glad you're happy, and must say I like it. It does look simple and stylish; Scandinavian indeed! I'd like a photo update in a fortnight to see how many ornaments remain.
ReplyDeletePS - Must say the quick set up and storage size of that tree is appealing. I only like the decorating bit of ours and the set up and pull down I find a chore.
ReplyDeleteThe behaviour I am seeing at my house, with a tree put up too early is "Is it Christmas yet?" "Is it tomorrow?" "When is Santa coming?" Nevertheless, I am glad tree putting up is over with!
ReplyDeleteYes, quite beautiful in its simplicity. I like the art works on the wall.
ReplyDeleteI love it. Big BIG thumbs up. So simple in design yet so effective. The ornaments do get to take pride of place on a tree like this don't they - no hiding behind the leaves.
ReplyDeleteThat is a very fine Christmas tree MMMC and a fine purchase. I know I was one of the naysayers telling you to make your own but I forgot to consider the four kids, shaggy poodle, husband and law degree.......
ReplyDeletenow I want one....
i love it and esp the little angel on top - how cute!
ReplyDeleteI love it! pretty, simple and easy.
ReplyDeleteI love it. So simple but so beautiful, your little men always make me laugh. Cheers katherine
ReplyDeleteSo glad you bought it - it's perfect!
ReplyDeleteYou know what - it would also make a fabulous market display for hanging things when christmas is over.
I'm with Estelle. You did well to buy what you wanted rather than compromising. Its simplicity is what makes the tree so lovely. And why is it always the boys who play up! That sort of behaviour happens all the time at our house. xx
ReplyDeleteGood on you for not settling. I would have made one myself (not that i've ever done anything with wood), but without people like you who admire and reward good design I'll never make a buck with my art or anything else. You're a Christmas Champion! Helping the world economy. It's a big job, but someone's got to do it.
ReplyDeleteI like the tree! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't celebrate Xmas , but if I did I would have this tree! Like you say, it doesn't scream Xmas, so it really look lovely in a home anytime of the year...hmmmm, I like!
ReplyDeleteFantastic to spread some Danish Design joy in Australia :) Amazing that you found Retro Villa from down under!
ReplyDeleteI wish you a happy xmas...
Best regards Mette Helena Rasmussen
www.retrovilla.dk
It's great! Are you going to paint it a happy colour? I think I'm heading over to the dark side, liking Scandinavian decor. You are a bad influence. ;)
ReplyDeleteI admit that I like it; love it actually! And - even though I suggested that you made your own, I'm glad you decided to get the 'real one'. Question now is: will you paint it? (I think I'd leave it as it is...) Seems like you found the perfect spot for it, let's hope nodbody hangs their jacket on it (giggle, giggle) :)))
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet tree! I love the last shot, of the blur of possible naughtiness ;) So cute!
ReplyDeleteI think it is fabulous because it is simple and different. Good on you for settling for the 'real deal.'
ReplyDeleteOh, it's very pretty ! I like it ;-)
ReplyDeleteAww, fun! Loving that 'festive' behaviour too ;)
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that the first photo made me think of the Festivus Pole from Seinfeld. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." I hope you are a Seinfeld fan, or none of that makes any sense.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I think it's charming. I perfect door greater tree. I would totally up the ornament ante and put 2 on some 'branches'.
Then, in the off season, I'd use it to display my hat collection. Sadly, I'm not even joking.
I want one!
ReplyDeleteOh man I want one and I love your wood ornaments, Kids are so funny thank God the newness wears off! too cute.
ReplyDeleteOh that is great! I was wondering if you got one yet. I think a squirrel would look quite nice on it.... :) (on the way btw)
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your comments about the tree.
ReplyDeleteIt's not growing very much yet ... but it seems quite content, despite the attention it's receiving from various children
I Want One!!!!! I clicked on the link and saw 1000DKK and thought eeeeek, but then went and worked out what that was and its about $185, which is okay. And it is so wonderful! I really really want one. You could use it all year round as a scarf hanging device. Or belts, or just cute things your kids make at school. Or you could just store it away because it takes up No Room At All! Did you pay lots for postage? I notice a little star shape on there that looks familiar too - yay!
ReplyDelete