Thursday, November 18, 2010

That's just too crazy, it could work!

I was just in the kitchen. Thinking. Yes, thinking!

Because I'm going out today, I thought, wouldn't it be funny to one day organise a meeting between all the Brisbane bloggers? One evening, over drinks or something ... It'd be a hoot ... or it could be a complete disaster with no one saying much at all.

And then I thought, well that's not really fair on all the other bloggers around the world, because they wouldn't be able to come ... and then I thought (Can you believe the synapse activity?) ... I wonder which bloggers people would like to meet in person?

So, out of all the blogs you read, which blog author would you like to meet in person (like real people do!) and why?

There are so many on my list ... starting with Ken.


Ouch!

25 comments:

  1. Oh, there are so many. I would actually like go on a tour form Norway to the Us, then Thailand and Australia and meet all my bloggie friends. Wouldn't that be great? But I also would like to meet bloggers I follow but who ignore me, just out of curiosity. Naturally I would bring the furry babies with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a blogging course recently and Brisbane/Gold Coast bloggers from the course had a little meet up. Not a disaster at all, you couldn't shut us/me up (and I'm the quiet one)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is something like that occasionally in Bris - ABCD - can't quite remember who runs it. Kylie from 3 sheets might know. I think they've had it a couple of times so obviously someone talked, which is a good sign...

    And I'd like to meet Cam from Curlypops.
    And Tania from Myrtle and Eunice.
    And maybe Pottymouthmama.

    And there you go, that's my little wish.

    In fact I might go to Melbourne and do just that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, delighted with the 'synapse activity', simply delighted!

    Since I'm not from Brisbane, I might have misunderstood the question, but who cares. I would of course like to meet you (and your co-bloggers, the family). It's mainly because I think we would do a million things together in very short time, none of us being able to sit still. And because I like you! Like in, really like. There are a few more on my list, did you want them all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to meet you. But, as you have said, we're so similar we probably wouldn't get on. Enjoy your going outing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You! As long as you bring your Fisher Price toys and your pyjama pants pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a lot of bloggers I would like to meet, but today it is a Lit Bit Brit http://lilbitbrit.blogspot.com/ because today she posted an eggnog recipe just for me because I said something about eggnog on her last post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbi,
    how can blogger people ignore you? I've made comment on a few blogs which have ignored me ... I can understand that ... but I often stop following them if they couldn't be bothered responding!

    Julie,
    a blogging course ... I wonder what that covered? I wonder who you met.

    Deb,
    Horsey wants to meet you too ... and Sassy.

    Anna,
    So, people meet already do they? Out of the loop ... Interesting list ... I'd like to meet Cam too. She seems very cool.

    Lilli,
    I'd like to see your list. We would do a lot ... two babies would get on together! I actually think you'd be shocked by Australians ... well us, we're pretty boisterous, and stuff gets thrown around and children yell all the time.

    Zigsma, let's make a pact never to meet.

    Wendy,
    I'll meet you if you bring your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've warned Bobbi to expect a jet en masse from Australia in March and to have bedding ready. No more will she be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NessaKnits,
    that's funny! You know Bobbi has nine cats ... it'd be mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well there are a few O/S as I like their houses, so figure cheap yet stylish accommodation, and we follow each other anyway... so we've something in common. I'd hope! I'd be happy to do one in Brissie, I'll probably end up with a bunch of mid century lovers prattling on with names I've never heard of; but that's okay, I'm good at smiling and nodding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm...Gordon seems groovy...but I'd get shy and tongue-tied. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've often thought about this. And there are so many of you in BrisVegas it seems...I swear I'm going to come and visit and make you all get together so I can have a blossip with you (short for blog gossip!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMMC- thinkin that is a great idea! I would definately be in. Perhaps in the New Year??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to meet Tania from M & E too, and Pip from Meet Me at Mikes, and Cath from ChunkyChookey. Any YOU, MMMC! Especially if you brought Horsey. I've met up with Lexi from pottymouthmama and Anna from Rummey Bears and it was surreal and really really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. R&S,
    okay, you're in ... if I organise something ... maybe in the New Year if we get more of a response ... so far there'll be five of us ... Raine, Sage, Olive, Esther and me.

    Kerry, I'm sure all sorts of stuff would come out!

    Olive and Esther, you're both in ... see above. I'm sapping your crochet knowledge.

    Mama M, thank you for your contribution ... I'm going to check this Tania chick out ... I could imagine a real-life meeting would be a bit surreal! Hope the book's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm - who would I love to meet
    Stephanie Nielson from NieNie Dialogues, Catherine Newman from Bringing up Ben and Birdy, Amanda Soule/SouleMama, and um who else???? Would have to be Kelle from Enjoying the Simple Things

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michele,
    I'm looking up your blog authors because I don't know them! Thank you. Love throwing out the blog net!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I'd love to meet you and Horsey of course, but only if you can hook me up with free Oprah tickets!
    Gosh, it's just so hard to decide who to meet... I'm going to pick an overseas one, because I know it will never happen - Lynsey from Swirly Arts / Cuteable.

    PS - I'm actually really quite shy in real life so I'll be the one hiding in the corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes let's press pause. Discussion resumed in 2011, ideally Feb. Raine and Sage have some business to attend to over the Xmas/NY break.
    PS - I might just punch you right back, in a jovial fashion of course!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was just thinking about this the other day too! I would love to meet up with some Brissie Bloggers, especially you and Ms Fun and Vj's.

    Happy weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. how did i miss this post? especially with that photo of ken in a rawther naked and interesting position. well, better late than never,
    i would love to meet amanda soule of soule mama and beg her to tell me her secrets.
    and lilli, i would love to sip tea with, walk about, and let our kids explore the Norweigan woods together, I would love to meet you and your kids, I think I would laugh and smile nonstop. I would love to meet jasmin for her spirit seems so positive and uplifting, stephani, i believe from the art farm, i would love to walk around with all of those animals and hear of the joys of farm life. these are just a few blogs i love and are bringing a lot of laughter and inspiration my way these days.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello - from sydney - i have been meaning to say hello for a while - seeing as we are part of the same little circle that grows stronger every day.
    and so nice to see my name in Rachel's comment above. if i wasn't feeling positive and uplifted - i am now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Jasmin ... I know that circle. Quite amazing really, isn't it? I don't know anothr blog which gives out the same 'vibe'. And Rachel always says the right thing!

    ReplyDelete