Saturday, November 13, 2010

Preemptive

I'd love to put up our Christmas tree ... but I feel it's preemptive to do so.

I keep seeing beautiful things like these, and I'm trying to control myself.


 Here ...


 Here ...


Here ...




Here ...

Where do you put your tree? I think we may have two Christmas trees this year.

I don't know where to put them.

20 comments:

  1. I like these but we have a hard in fast rule in this household. Tree up on 24th December and down on 6th January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't tell me. This year I have to put decorations both in my shop and in my cottage, and I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those decorations are nice! Are your ornaments for the tree Scandinavian in design? Our tree goes up in the living room and I have a Charlie Brown type tree that goes in the dining room.
    We don't put our tree up until the week before Christmas usually, am I bad?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat first blog with the xmas stockings is amazing!
    The girls have been ooohing and aaahing at the fabrics! (and me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to put the Christmas tree up now - but I'm thinking the 2 year old may have too many weeks of, "Don't touch that tree!" I love the crocheted snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kotaatok,
    we usually put ours up on the 1st Dec. Seems a long way away. I think a lot of people put their tree up on the 24th.

    Bobbi,
    I can't wait to see what your trees look like ... and all those furry helpers!

    Deb,
    our ornaments don't follow a theme. Though they are mostly kindergarten produced. I looked for ornaments recently and wasn't that impressed. Maybe too early yet?

    Jennie,
    that blog has beautiful stuff ... I think she's the one who's a medical student and sews on the side? She may end up being a surgeon?

    Oh Brismod, you are so wise! You have reminded me why I won't put the tree up early ... rousing and decorations everywhere but the tree.

    I'm starting to think there's a need for crochet classes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We put ours up on Dec 1 as well. For all the work you want a few weeks of enjoyment. The boys like the construction/ Meccano part and we all get into the decorating. After 10 years of kids and kindy it is positively sagging with unthemed, unaesthetically perfect clutter but that's the way we like it for now. It will probably go in the lounge where I can regularly watch it topple on the one yr old. Wreath and snow flakes will be plagiarised here where you can get a crochet lesson any time you like! Sorry about the long comment- I'm catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AA, your tree scenario sounds a lot like ours. Where've you been? Readers have been inquiring as to your well-being. And you crochet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking the same thing..... is it too early?? I love the paper children and her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking for one of posts during my Handmade Christmas Challenge that we show off our Christmas trees. How much fun would that be. Like you, I'm keen as mustard to get cracking on the tree. We wait till early December though because we buy a real one each year so we have to time it well so the tree is still nice and green by Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I might pinch Beci Oprins tree idea from Frankie this year. I'm a bit concerned that the resident one year old will end up swallowing half the decorations.
    Those stocking are a bit special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo,
    not too early for you to put up your tree! I'd love to see it. In reality, ours will just get pulled over a million times or the dog will wee on it ... I may delay that for a while.

    KK,
    that's a brilliant idea about showing off Christmas trees! It'll be interesting to see everyone's personalities come out in arborial decoration!

    Estelle,
    I'm excited to see what you do re Christmas tree ... and yes, copy that idea because it'll make me feel better about copying your wreath. And get overlocking on those stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful!
    I love the fabrics on those stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm, a christmas tree... we used to bring in an old pot plant (now deceased) to decorate... maybe a 2D version of that scandinavian "dowel" tree you introduced us to?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That garland! Love it...wouldn't dream of confining it to the holidays, though...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I covet the crochet circle thingys. Maybe I could make some if I get cracking learning to crochet. Fun & bright stockings, very cheery. 2 Xmas trees? that's too (2) much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are so cute this "chaussettes"...
    And I don't have any ideas for the christmas tree of the year.... Oups... It's soon !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never to early I say...we put ours up in the middle part of our house that is a bit of a no man's land but you can see it when the front door is open and looks nice when people walk past at night and they look in. Our front door is always open. Why the two trees? my favourite trees are ones that are full of lots of different decorations and lots of home made stuff. i don't like organised co ordinated trees...they make me sad. My fav decoration is one with son number two (skinny Boy) photo on with a Santa Hat. He used to live in his Santa hat and wore it everywhere from about October through to half way through Jan from about the age of 4 till he was 11 or so. It was felt and used to stand straight up on his head...I miss it xxKatherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Em,
    get your mother to teach you to sew! Then steal one of her groovy sewing machines!

    Catherine, poor pot plant! You make Christmas sound so exciting!

    Wendy, it is nice ... you could get away with hanging it all year. Would be better if you could make it yourself though.

    R&S,
    you have two kitchens!

    Flo, you are crazy, I'm sure!

    OBH,
    I think that's one of the nicest comments I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bit of a dilema this year, the treadmill is in the tree position. Hey, i have very VERY similar string to the Seed one, just found it in my craft stash & it's on my most recent blog post. It's twiney & pastey white, just trying to remember where i got it from?? Um, back later with some brain waves. Much cheaper than buying Seed clothing for the tag strings, love Posie

    ReplyDelete