Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Swedish Two-Seater love

I'm not sure why I'm broadcasting the availability of this little Swedish beauty ...


She is a Nesto wooden two-seater, currently being auctioned by theoldboathouse on ebay.

Unfortunately, I think I've indulged enough in Scandinavian design this year, and this week's grocery list doesn't include wooden seating arrangements. 

So you should have a gander at her ... I think she's beautiful.

10 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying. Our house is filling up fast as well...I was looking at it yesterday on ebay wondering where I would put it...It's a great piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. And I have room for it. Oh dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little bit of loveliness. It would be very picturesque to sit on and sip tea from shallow tea cups in a leafy, glassed sunroom. One would be gazing serenely out at the small finches nesting beyond the glass as the stubbornly un-weanable 20 month old sticks her foot in my eye. See! It is just too lovely for my lifestyle but perhaps it would fit in the cubby....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brismod,
    I'd remove the old cushion and replace with a few scatter-type Scandinavian cushions.

    Julie,
    Bidding has started!

    Annie,
    I love a little bit of stubborn 20-mth-old! Are you planning on fitting said 20-mth-old in the cubby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beloved has his eye on the cubby for his very own yurt when the burgeoning population in the house drives him out the back door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely you don't need to eat this week do you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with different cushions it's beautiful. Maybe just a little bid... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this piece is beautiful as well. I even love that old flat cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have THE best scandinavian eye of anyone I know!
    I started decorating yesterday and I wanted to be finished before my kids got home from school but a friend stopped by and visited all afternoon so I was thinking of you my house looked like your tree picture with the kids buzzing only it was 2 little girls and you know how they love to decorate.PHEW....Have a great day Carmel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, there's so much food scraps under the dining room table, that yes, I don't think we need to buy any more food this week!

    R&S, is there ever such a thing as 'a little' ebay bid?

    Rachel, the old cushion does have some funky charm.

    Heidi,
    You are very sweet! I didn't 'discover' this ... theoldboathouse is on my blog list, and she sent out a list of what she was selling, so it really was pointed out to me ... and everyone else who reads that blog!

    ReplyDelete