Friday, November 12, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I've changed a few things around here ...

I think I've made it easier to comment ... I've left the word verification thing on .. though that annoys me on other blogs because it takes so long ... but I think it's meant to be a 'spam guard' ... but I'm not 'policing' the comments any more (thanks Anna Bartlett). I'm trying to make things a bit more spontaneous and reader-friendly.

No nasty comments to moderate really (Now I'll get a rush of them! Bring it on, I say! I can get kung-fu on anyone!). So I think it's safe that I don't have to be totalitarian.

I've also tried to categorise my blog list ... just to make it a bit easier for the librarians among you ... group the blogs in similar categories.

So, if you see I've accidentally dropped you off, please tell me. Or if you think you've been mis-categorised, tell me. Anyone you think I should include, tell me.

I saw this the other day.


Crochet here I come! Anyone know how to? I'm a dummy. In more ways than one.


Remember Grandad's dog?


He went missing for a very long time today ... we were all worried. 

But he came back. Phew! 


 Meanwhile, it's costing us about $180 a month to keep Noodle alive. 

I may as well enrol him in convent primary school for that sort of money.

Poodles!

17 comments:

  1. A tip on learning the art crocheting: On youtube there´s a plethora of lessons on how-to crochet. (I´ve had to dig deep into a dictionary to get an understanding of plethora, but I think I´ve got it now :) Thanks!

    And nice layout! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is asking for a puppy/dog this Christmas. Guess I have to delay that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, you annoy a lot of Scandinavians. Lucky they're quite a moderate race already and the lack of moderation that now exists here should not make them go CRAZY with bizarre comments... or I'll have to take back all my sage advice about democracy and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy girl! Thanks for the new user-friendly interface...much less stressful! Glad the hound was found, and that I'm not the only crochet-dolt out there. Wanna have a granny-along for motivation? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at Noodle; deserving every single dollar spent, such a modest, little creature.

    I was very disappointed not to find my blog among the 'crafty' ones... no, no - I'm kidding, for sure :) I always felt relieved, knowing that you were supervising my comments... Anna has a good point; it's very daring of you to turn the moderate thing of, we'll just have to wait and see now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping I'd be under Blogs That Make You Laugh (ha ha)! I'm honored to be on the sidebar :) Thank you!

    I've been thinking about reworking my comment section too until I recently got hit by a blast of Viagra comment spam - so annoying that it crept into my little piece of the world!

    Have a great weekend! XO L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor old Noodle, he's looking great. I don't know why pets can't get free health care too. (do you have free health care?)
    My mum was a whiz at the granny square. The girls and I each have one that she made for us. I hope you learn how to do it because mine is older and getting in rough shape. I may need a new one soon. No pressure!
    I think I took off the word verification thing. We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena,
    I started to look at YouTube and then realised I needed a crochet needle and wool! Good start!

    Joni,
    Noodle is 14 now ... up until recently he's been trouble-free. I can't imagine life without him. Woof!

    Anna,
    Scandinavians are very tolerent ... I write a lot of jibberish on their blogs which they take with good grace.

    Wendy, when I start crocheting I'll send someone to collect you.

    Lilli,
    I had you in the 'Scandinavians I annoy' collumn ... but thought that may annoy you.

    HHUK,
    I was a bit torn with you ... James Bond antics and all ... categorisation is still a work in progress, as is the 'comment freedom thing'. I didn't even know anyone had commented for sometime this morning - I'm so used to getting emails. Viagra spam - yuck.

    Deb,
    I suggested we ask the vet for the 'generic' medication, but I don't think they produce any. I'm being cautious about the new comment changes. I may change it back if it proves disastrous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why thankyou for including me; I do love to categorise, and have fond memories of the micro-fish for just this purpose from primary school. I wonder what they use now? Is sarcasm funny? Jinx on the crochet, that's a great bedroom. I like to think I'm crochet challenged. I purchased a 99cent Patons 'How to Crochet' only yesterday in Spotlight. I would have pimped my Grandma on Etsy with her crochet prowess. Noodle is worth it. It's only money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good idea to categorise. I made the mid century vintage blog list. Very cool! That bedroom image is so cosy. I particularly love the lighting. Utzon pendant lamp? It looks very similar at any rate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. R&S,
    it was very hard to choose blogs on the side. I read about 150 and had about half of them on the side before I culled.

    I never want to offend people ... I guess the list will change over time. I'll wipe you at some point! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! If I post every couple of hours I'll remain top o' da list. But that very comment has probably plummeted me to the bottom... or bumped me off completely.

    I love your categorisationing - it's a bit like digital post it notes.

    Pip has great learn-to-crochet tutorials and links at Meet Me at Mikes. She said she cried when she was learning to crochet. I did too. Tears of frustration, because in theory it's relatively simple. Very rewarding once you get the hang of it.

    I never reallly got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snap I bought a book on crocheting earlier this year and started to teach myself. I was doing alright before life took over, but the youtube tip might be just I what I need to get me over the hump.
    Cheers
    M-L

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I can crochet. I did a blanket in Yr11 I should of taught you then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Great-Aunt used to offer to teach us all how to crochet EVERY time she visited. It was a bit of a family joke, and we would all dissolve into peals of laughter and hide!
    If only I'd taken her up on the offer.....
    nt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Made the cut! (For how long?)Thanks for that :) Also, Noodle is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete