Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Desirable Dutch Delft December Giveaway!

A while ago, I purchased a number of delft Christmas ornaments as gifts, from the House of Harriet in the Netherlands.


They are made by Ms Harriet Damave who hand-forms, fires and hand-paints these fine porcelain Christmas ornaments.


I forget how I came across them ... but shortly after I placed my order with Ms Damave, the Brisbane Interior Designer Anna Spiro mentioned the same ornaments on her blog.

You tell me who's the Style Leader now, then?! 


Anyway, I digress, imagining I'm some kind of trendsetter ... 

In the mail, today, came this ...


Ms Damave, for some reason, thought she'd not packed my original order correctly. She had. 

So, here I am with an extra Delft Christmas ornament.


I thought long-and-hard about whether I could keep him for myself  ... but I thought this little guy could go to a better home; as beautiful as he is.

So, if you'd like to go in the 'draw' for an In-Style, on-the-money, hand-made Dutch Delft Christmas ornament:

1) Just be a 'Follower' which means you can start 'Following' if you're not already;

2) Leave a comment about how much you like sophisticated, European Christmas ornaments;

3) You may like to visit Ms Damave at her Etsy store.
(She may send me another delft ornament as a result, who knows.)

4) I'll draw the Desirable Dutch Delft Ornament in December Giveaway when I think the comments have dried up! So don't dilly-dally.

It's a beautiful, delicate piece of porcelain that you'd be silly to miss out on ... the chance of owning.

26 comments:

  1. What's not to love about a hand styled, hand painted, super sophisticated, In-Style, delicate piece of porcelain hmmm ? AND it comes all the way from the Netherlands, well if that isn't the icing on top. I think they are all lovely, especially the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admit it, you are Anna Spiro! You big style meister. Anyway,how much do I love European ornaments? This much (imagine my arms outstretched). I have Villeroy & Boch ornaments which are made in China, so I'd love to have the real deal. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sophisticated, European Christmas ornaments a lot. Like really really a lot. And I also like sophisticated Brisbane bloggers. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick, Zigsma. Give me the names of those sophisticated Brisbane bloggers and I'll start following them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Dutch ornament would fit in perfectly with my nifty little Santa Claus's I bought in Denmark many years ago now. I love how in Europe there are Xmas themed shops open all year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I like your tricky way of getting more followers; pity I didn't think about that myself :)

    Yes, love the little, handmade teddy. Anything handmade goes, no mass-produced Chinese ornaments here (despite Bo's wishes). It will look beautiful on our handpicked, handcutted Christmas tree. Also love it for sentimental reasons, as my grandmother adored Delft...

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute and sooo nordic. When we'll all live in scandinavia I'll decorate my tree with these ceramics. For now I have decided for a more mediterrean turquoise and orange tre...yes. I'm going to buy all the decorations today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna Spiro indeed! You are the most avant garde (sp?) blogger I have ever known. Your taste in Dutch ornaments is exquisite. Do I get an extra entry for all this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue and white.....I just got back from their etsy sights , beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those ornaments are lovely. As much as I like the little bear, I think my mum would like him more, so if I win, I shall gift it on to her. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just adorable. I checked them out when I saw them on Anna's blog but didn't see the gorgeous little bear. So sweet. I'd love to be in the draw for this little guy!
    ps I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are lovely ornaments, I love hand crafted items by clever people. You have an eye for these things. The blue & white bear will match my kitchen nicely. Unfortunately my kitchen was not handcrafted by clever folk at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How odd. I don't remember mentioning my penchant for dainty delft ornaments yet here they are. They remind me a little of the Paper Boat Press stuff that Kylie Johnson makes around the corner from you. Meanwhile our geriatric tree continues to sag further under the weight of eclectic kindy crafts and other Christmas ephemera. Maybe yours will be the one that brings it all a tumbling down. How spectacular that would be...an ornamental avalanche!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me? You shouldn't have! How thoughtful and sensitive to my Dutch heratige.

    MMMC I would follow you over a cliff like a lemming.

    fin

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so finest this ornements !

    ReplyDelete
  16. In my best Australian/European accent, "I love anything that comes from Europes maaate". Count me in. That deco is goregous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well it goes without saying that you are super stylish and of course it was you and not the great Anna who started this trend. Please include me in this wonderful giveaway so that I too can be a stylish one. Whats not to love about all things delft? The word itself is just so fine. Do you remember the Scandanavian shop in the Brissie Arcade...? Twas so lovely I miss it so, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not sure if I'm a registered follower but I want in on the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi: I just became a follower and would love to win this sweet ornament for my Christmas decorating! I love handmade and this is the best. Unfortunately you are a day late for my giveaway over at http://www.funkybabymine.blogspot.com but if you sign up to follow you will get a heads up on the next one in the New Year.
    Cheers - it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, although we don't have snow yet herer in Atlantic Canada
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. While enjoying my morning coffee I thought it´s about time to stop by. It´s been too long, and I´ve wanted to say how fond I´ve become of this blog. I´m close to getting a tear in my eye as well just reading about drummerboy. I know the feeling, although Tiny has quite made such performances yet at the age of two (and a half!)
    You deserve every inch of the Award.
    It´s an odd combination with christmas deco and summer (a norwegian speaking...), and kids and muscle-legs running around in the back yard :) Not much up here, all is well covered up ;)
    Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the little houses and the cats on her site!! You can't go past blue and white ceramics but my Christmas tree is silver with lots of bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. aaargh! just seen your giveaway! (my computers on the go slow at the mo) I looove the blue and white ceramics. Have a bit of TG Green, and some polish boleslawiec - being part Polish...
    count me in Carmel!x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, Martha! I'm your newest happy follower via sweet Sonia.

    And I had these very same Delft decorations on my 'to-buy-when-we-actually-have-some-disposable-income-on-Planet-Baby list'. Loving your taste ☺.

    So pleased to have found both you and lovely Lilli today.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a tree that needs some sophistication. So please, count me in
    Ta, you.

    A

    ReplyDelete