It looks quite freezing in some parts of the world.
But here, in Brisbane, it's stinking hot already! Today, I dressed like a shocker in cut-off jeans, a cap and an old polo shirt!
Here be Child 2 trying to get that coin back out of his body! Look at the lawn. The husband and I are smitten with the lawn at the moment. I suggested we get 'lawn enhancer'. I don't know whether you can get 'lawn enhancer'. You should be able to get it.
And then I decided to throw horticultural-caution to the gusty summer wind and hack away at the monstrous monstera we have growing wild in the back yard. Because I've had sections of it earmarked for a pot on the back deck.
Here be the husband tipping in the potting mix. We went to Bunnings this morning ... and if every staff member didn't try to help us in one way or another ... then I don't know what was happening. We had staff members hosing plants and helping; staff members on ladders helping; staff members whizzing-by on forklifts directing us to products.
Tropical.
Ignore the dirty steps ... but you can see this dracena is starting to sprout after I chopped it in three.
This frangipani is growing across the road ...
I'm taking to it with the hacksaw next, because they propogate easily.
This frangipani is growing across the road ...
I'm taking to it with the hacksaw next, because they propogate easily.
The husband turned the compost ... which is a very satisfying job ... and when compost is doing its thing, it smells lovely.
These are red bottle brushes ... grevillea maybe? In there are some rainbow lorikeets. My camera is hopeless.
There are a couple in there ... the sky was a bit grey this morning.
I'm getting the husband working because he's just come off shift-work where he sleeps all day ... see him asleep cuddling his tractor?
Such a lovely lawn! We are just moving into the winter season and I already long for spring. I don't miss the triple digits of summer though!
ReplyDeleteI have lawn envy now too. First it was pantry envy, now it's lawn. I'm going to enhance my lawn after I pick up the kids from school.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it's nice when husbands snuggle up to their toy tractor when they're asleep. xx
MCM,
ReplyDeleteit always sounds hotter and, on the other hand, colder when we hear American temperatures because of the farenheit thing, as opposed to celcius.
Brismod,
the pantry's a mess again ... and the lawn was mown yesterday and I cropped the photo ... so there are brown patches which I'll confess to.
Trust you to have a grassy knoll. When Child 2 does handstands you have Hans Knoll right in your own turfy patch. How clever! Looks like you performed something of a Sweeny Todd on poor old Monstera but the make over is v. pretty!
ReplyDeleteThat lawn sure is lush. And frangipanis, aah, franginpanis. One of my favourite scents. As is the smell of a good compost. You are such an industrious lady. I can barely get a few meals together and some washing on the line AND read blogs...
ReplyDeleteAA, love the hans knoll wit. Grassy knolls are required to take pot-shots at turkeys.
ReplyDeleteZigsma,
it takes 5 minutes to hacksaw a plant the throw it in a pot. Then you walk away and do nothing for hours. Then it takes about a week for the plant to die.
We have a number of frangipani bushes and I love seeing them come back to life at this time of the year after looking like dead sticks for so long, although dead sticks popping up from lush overgrown lawn is a pretty special look.
ReplyDeleteWhat unusual Bunnings behaviour. Buy a lotto ticket! Lovely grass, I am green with envy. Our lawn is actually weeds, green, and they grow like.. well you know. Turf is on the agenda. Excellent propagation, it's the thrifty way to garden. Glad to see someone enjoying some sleep. Maybe I need a tractor.
ReplyDeleteThink I speak for all Scandinavian bloggers when I say that we really don't want to see pictures of your green lawn, or read words like 'tropical'.
ReplyDeleteNo, I'm kidding sure :)))
We have -22, icing on the inside of the windowses, and too cold for Possum to be out. All winter we long for summer, and when it appears it's 3 days with warm weather, rest is rain, wind and temperatures around 10 - 15 :))) Got to love the winter... it's all year. One green, and one white.
Maybe I'll try that tractor-trick to help me sleep!
What a lovely green lawn. Ours seems to be white for some reason. We do our temp in C. too. It is -2 this am. I don't even want to think what the temp is in your beautiful tropics with all the birds, plants, compost, etc.
ReplyDeleteI rode to school in the snow today and can honestly say it is more fun cycling in the heat. Snow drops sting when they hit your face. Nevertheless, I was like the Postal Service not rain, hail, sleet or snow was going to keep me from class and I'm pretty sure I cycled through all of them this morning.
ReplyDeleteM-L
Oh my gosh, these grow in your garden?! You are the luckiest person ever!
ReplyDeleteI love all your photos - keep them coming ;)
XOL
Jealous!! I Love frangipani!!
ReplyDeleteAussie-W,
ReplyDeleteit is lovely to see the frangipani come out ... I was worried they weren't going to.
R&S,
propagating makes me a bit nervous. I don't like unnecessary killing plants ... which is the risk you take.
Lilli,
I can't imagine how cold it must be over there ... I think I'd probably cry an unladylike cry.
Deb, I think we're in the mid-20s.
M-L,
I think I'd laugh seeing you on a bike in the snow with a worried expression!
HHUK,
thank you!
Maggie,
hello. Thanks for joining us. Frangipani smells beautiful!
Your lawn is looking lovely!!
ReplyDeleteHow strange the weather in Brisbane has been of late ... humid one minute then cold and rainy the next ... are we becoming Melbourne?