You can look at the real estate page here. It's architecturally designed and doesn't look as if anyone has destroyed its integrity! Maybe those tiles below are a more recent addition ...
That's an internal atrium ... though that's probably obvious from the photo ...
Look at the fab brown bricks and big windows!
I don't think I'd change anything about this place.
Brilliant wood-panelled kitchen.
I love those brown bricks and tiles.
I'd fence the pool.







And clean the kitchen surfaces with vinegar ....
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful. Is this in a stylish neighbourhood? Is Horsey allowed there?
ReplyDeleteNessaKnits,
ReplyDeletewhat does cleaning the surfaces with vinegar do? Should I be cleaning surfaces with vinegar now? Am I behind on the domestic cleaning front?
Deb,
it's a pretty good suburb. I'd be happy to swan about it ... it's about 10km west of the City ... there are lots of 60s houses and Horsey'd fit right in!
How strange that you posted about this house. I know someone who may be buying it. I'll have to check in with him to see if he did...
ReplyDeleteI'd get rid of the range hood in the kitchen, as my first act of ownership. And put a pool fence up too. xx
Brismod,
ReplyDeleteI had another look at that rangehood - you're right, I'll concede that could go ... Sometimes the blogworld reminds me of how small Brisbane really is!
I hope your friend buys it and doesn't knock it down!
Love how the light seems to flow through this house; it's very not-Scandinavian (maybe because there always seems to be no light at all, or too much of it). All the floors are lovely too, not sure about the kitchen, it gives me the 'Taverna-feeling'. And - 'The Gap' sounds like a scary place... if you think about it. (Btw, I have been to bed, just up for an apple :)
ReplyDeleteCheck this out...http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5825-Windsor_Des-Moines_IA_50312_M88468-78685
ReplyDeleteI can get it for you cheap...
Lilli,
ReplyDeleteam I right in thinking Scandinavian homes are a lot lighter in their colouring? I should find out why the suburb is called 'The Gap" ... I bet someone tells us ... we'll wait.
By the way, what sort of crazy woman gets up in the middle of the night for an apple?!
I think there are a lot of insomniacs ... my husband is one. Maybe we should discuss ...
Wendy,
I can't believe it. I knew you had great internal brickwork from some of your photos and there it is, around the fireplace. I love the hedges and the burnt-orange bricks(I'm making a wild guess that's your place! If not, I'm now embarassed!) Love the real estate copy too "storage everywhere you turn"! Four baths?! Two family rooms!? Music room? I'll take it!
If we actually moved to Brisbane & couldn't get the children into Grammar, we were told to look at The Gap high school too. As it is, my husband is going to stay there, we'll stay here, sigh. Another 18 months of living apart, double sigh. Then it's back together, farm, homestead & happy families again. He's there now!! So dreamy to think about buying a house, we know we'll never find the right one & need SPACE (as you do with big families) so we're moving to the country. Love Posie
ReplyDeleteI can see Horsey in his element here, and it would suit you too I think. I think some grass for kids is nice. Don't get me started on insomnia. I have chronic TJM syndrome and have to get a sexy plate to sleep at night. I think I can pull it off.
ReplyDeleteGo for it MMMC!
ReplyDelete(from another insomniac)
Oooh. I love all the wood and natural light. Has a warm feel to it.
ReplyDeleteThe suburb is west of Ashgrove and is placed between two mountain ridges, hence "the Gap".
ReplyDeleteOMG it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI drove past my 70's dream house today and saw a For Lease sign....
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-werribee-404877662
Maybe I should pack up and rent this place out and move in there instead?
Very nice! For some reason I've focused on the handles on the pantry - I love them.
ReplyDeleteLove this house! Just think of all of the dancing you could do in that front room!
ReplyDelete