We didn't stop today. It began before 6am.
They've started building towns.
Which is nice. Before my younger sister was born, my two brothers and I used to make elaborate
Fisher Price towns.
But now they add other stuff as well.
We soaked some international stamps from Greece and the Netherlands.
We're adding them to the Husband's childhood collection.
You don't see stamps very often any more.
It's a pretty funky hobby. Halloo, Your Majesty!
We built towers.
M's right hand looks like something from Frankenstein.
M's right hand looks like something from Frankenstein.
And played with old trains.
These are special old trains like Grandad used to play with.
They stay on the chest of drawers.
Plastic animals upon plinths. Or prostrate.
And jumping pals.
Whoopee!
Which bit's the top and which's the bottom on that child?
Okay now that was a blast from the past I was not expecting. Stamp collecting?! Get out of here!! I used to do that, where is my collection?! I must check with Mum, could I be rich? Interesting you're one of 4 kids. You're proving my theory (and now a statistic) that 2 child families have 2, 3 have 3, I won't go up to 10. No?
ReplyDeleteDoes Martha enjoy knocking down these FP towns?
That looks like a very nice collection of animals, are they by Schleich?
ReplyDeleteR&S,
ReplyDeleteone of five. I played with my younger brothers. M does dampen the FP continuity.
E,
yes ... built up slowly over many Christmases.
Wow - I'm envious of all the Fisher Price and the group fun to be had with all the Fisher Price.
ReplyDeleteI was an only. I always wanted a sibling to fight with.
Love M's shorts. I've got my eyes on those shorts...
Zigsma,
ReplyDeletealways pros and cons with brothers and sisters.
And they're bloomers ... but because I made them, the shirring elastic's popped out, so they look like shorts. Actually, I'm about to embark on a sewing extravaganza. I'll make Miss S a pair (don't have that fabric anymore, though)! You'll love them.
I love to see someone is still collecting stamps! Those play scenes make me want to join in on the fun. Couldn't do the trampoline though. That would be a Depends moment for me!!
ReplyDeletep.s. Do you have Depends over there?
Hello Martha; hello childhood memories: Enormous lego-towns, stamp collecting... and no trampoline, but it looks like fun to be upside down. From my point of view, you are all always upside down :)))
ReplyDeleteGosh, before 6am, I'm glad we're usually in bed till 9. But then, she doesn't go to bed early... Love Schleich, they're the only animals that doesn't look mad.
Ah, you deleted your 'three readers'. Better put hundred-and-three, instead! And the moderation is back; has anyone been annoying you? I hope they werent't Scandinavian...
ReplyDeleteDeb,
ReplyDeleteI think Martha knows what you mean by Depends!
Lilli,
we're all upside down around here! And you do go to bed late so I know you couldn't get up early. A sleep-in is a precious commodity.
Wow, I had a stamp collection and my Mum's and Grandmothers. I recently sold all of the international albums but couldn't part with the Australian ones - so many memories!!
ReplyDeleteOooh, thank you! Looking forward to seeing the results of the sewing extravaganza! Buying Jeeves this week - let's go!
ReplyDeleteLoving those FP folks...kicking myself repeatedly and in earnest for not hoarding the stash from my youth...
ReplyDelete