This is Christmas as Marimekko sees it.

Rasymatto fabric.
I'm not sure I've seen these prints before.
Kuusikulmio-kangas
If I had nothing to do all day, I'd sew great trapeze dresses ... or muumuus ... in Marimekko ... either way ... great big A-line things.
Noitarumpu fabric
And then I'd wear dark lipstick, and buy round tortoiseshell glasses, similar to the ones architects wear, and I'd swan around the art galleries pretending I was all arty-farty, don't-care-a-damnsy, declaring nonsensical profundities.
And build an urban myth about my urbane self.
Care to join?
And build an urban myth about my urbane self.
Care to join?


Those fabrics are to die for!
ReplyDeleteCP,
ReplyDeleteof course they'd attract your attention! They're right up your alley! I could just wrap myself in them multiple times, like a Christmas cracker, and roll everywhere. In fact, I just may!
I can see you, me and Annie prancing around GOMA on a Tuesday morning very easily. Of course, the 13 children between us could spoil the illusion somewhat. Perhaps the glasses could be tinted 'just so' and we wouldn't notice them...
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'll join! Count me in. I will try to figure out how to wear a tunic gracefully and artfully. Love those fabrics- particularly the one with the greens. I haven't seen them either.
ReplyDeleteAnna,
ReplyDeletewe could teach the children anoher language and everyone would think we were exotic foreigners.
KLT,
I'd love to have you along ... or we could invade your teeny tiny town of Le Conner ... and descend on Hutch Studio ... I think that looks like much more fun!