Monday, October 25, 2010

Don't call me a root vegetable!

Hmmm, clearly you lot aren't fans of long boring movies, in Finnish, about fabric rolling off the presses ... maybe something a bit more close to home ... a bit more physical?

Well, this is Child 3. I don't know a cuter four-year-old. Truly.


Tonight he exclaimed, "Whoever called me a 'carrot', I'm giving them a knuckle sandwich! Or a China Burn!"

And then he looked at me, accusingly. With his headband on.

I shrugged my shoulders. I'd never be foolish enough to call anyone a 'carrot'.

And then he looked at Child 2. 

And then it was on! R-R-R-RUMBLE!


Oooh! That'd be a kick to the onions!



Like a tossed salad, they were!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, a fine four year old. Cute as a button. I was very amused by your exchanging of 'onions' for 'testicles.' And is it me, or does 'China Burn' sounds like what a Chinese Burn might be called by someone speaking English as a second language - a recent immigrant from China, perhaps. And it's really time I went to bed. Goodnight MMMC. Sweet Marimekko dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're children are hilarious. I tried to watch that Marimekko clip, but got interrupted and then I had to serve dinner, and it was mostly in Finnish. I really did try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B-O-Y-S. And I have a cuter 4 year old. He asked his grandfather tonight if he was going to chase the dog that keeps coming through the fence and trampling his seedlings in his garden with a cattle whip. Rest RSPCA watchers, Grandpa is not likely, though he has now blocked the hole in the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama M, you know my humour. So-fisticated. You deserve an early night, you cranky evolutionist!

    Brismod, I only post the funny bits. The yucky bits get swept under the carpet. Literally.

    Nessaknits, I know your 4-yr-old is cuter! Mine is a sleeping psychopath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing out loud at your reply to Nessaknits! I beg to differ, your four year old is the cutest boy with a hairband I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those crazy 4 year olds! I had one (well, I still have him, but he's 11 now and quite boring) who used to walk up to people and say menacingly, "Did you call me a chicken or a liar?" Which was all well and good, excepting that they were generally people he'd never met before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,
    you're a wonderful character witness! I think you'd be the cutest Canadian that Child 3's ever seen!

    Wendy, I am laughing at the image of your then 4-yr-old saying that! Glad to know he's now quiet and still living at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby tells his male students age 6-8 "You're getting two hits, one when I hit you and one when you hit the floor." The boys love it! Am I the only Canadian you know?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I concur. Child #3 is very cute - such an engaging face. That headband is working for him. Root vegetables are always funny.
    PS - You're obviously instilling a great sense of humour and dress sense in these kids. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally I find being called a 'turnip' faaaar more insulting.

    ReplyDelete