Friday, October 22, 2010

The flight of some fabulous fruity froufrou

Somewhere in this blog, I try not to go back and look remember, I've alluded to my attraction to simplified fruit images.

Can't get enough ... Like this one I saw recently on the
Ohdeedoh blog ...


That's Marimekko Paaryna fabric on the wall.

And below is Marimekko's Kesatori fabric ... apples everywhere.


And then I found the Hus & Hem website and I began very rapidly making my Christmas list  ...


There be an apple chopping board ...


And colourful pear mugs to hoard ...


And apple tea-towels to wipe me jowls ...


And pear tea-towels, if I need, for me bowels ...



Apple trays for sunny days ...



Apple cloths, for Hilda, when she stays ...



Apple mugs for frothy brews ...




A pear poster ... there's another colour to choose ...

A Marianne Westman Picknick design bearing no fruit.

And a Christmas tomte with reindeer-fur beard. 
What a hoot!

























































































And because fruit and fur start with an 'f' sound, I was reminded of the Flight of the Conchords and their silly song. (I'm sure I saw this on another blog recently, but can't remember which one. Sorry.)

9 comments:

  1. Love Flight of the Concords. Very fruity today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all this fruity goodness. And thanks for posting that clip. I did see it on another blog but I never actually watched it until now. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And heres another one for you if you haven´t already seen it..
    http://annaleenashem.blogspot.com/2010/10/cushion.html

    It´s a pleasure to read your blog! And besides the written word will depend on the interpreter as well, so the responsibilty lies there as well I think. The "truth" has more than one side to it. This blog-world may make one self-conscious, but I try not to bother. Heck, I say continue the stream of great posts. (Does my nor-english make sense? Well, I shouldn´t really worry about that either...)

    Have a nice day! :) Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind me never to offer to dry the dishes at your place. Bowels ..... ewwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah - more folk with an ear for languages! J'aime les pommes.

    Where is the swimming pool? Splish splash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a poet and don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gawd woman, thats a bit uncouth ... youre not gonna wipe yer bum on that are ya?!

    ReplyDelete