Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's oh so quiet

We've been home all alone. 


Me and her. Her and me. 

Like an A.A.Milne poem.


 Everyone else went West so I could do some work.


Here are some gratuitous toddler shots.

Which is very boring for those who have children of their own. 
(Remember MMMC ... 'I'm Okay. You're Okay')


But it was nice to have silence and just Child Four for company company.


Speaking of companies, I'm going through highlighters at a rate of knots.


I'm hoping not to run out of fluoro tabs, which protrude like bucked teeth from the  
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).


This is what I'm reading -  some legal ethics and some companies law.

Corporate Law is a quagmire of complexity and tedium which I hope to never have to think about ever again.

The above notes are legal ethics ones ... about 'Chinese walls' - a series of strategies and measures aimed at keeping client information confidential within law firms. Lawyers have a strict duty of confidentiality, you know. But I didn't tell you that.

And the below photo is of a 'Chinese burn' - it is being demonstrated by Child 2 on Child 3.
It is a series of sudden, sophisticated, physical manoeuvres, primarily with one's hands twisting the epidermis of another's forearm, in an effort to inflict excruciating pain.


That's the fruits of private Catholic education right there. In that photo. (What a pathetic re-enactment).

And speaking of fruits ... (foux de fa fa) ...


 Strawberries are bordering on gargantuan at the moment ... 

Here's another photo to demonstrate proportion for the benefit of my sister whom I haven't heard from for a while. ('I'm Okay. She may, or may not, be Okay').


Actually, I should probably have a proportion photo to demonstrate the size of the spoon ... it could be a teaspoon or a tablespoon for all you know. Here's a thought, imagine it as a tablespoon, and then the strawberry would be eye-poppingly huge.

I have been playing with a web programme called picnik. You can upload your photos and do all sorts of things with them. I'm a stickler for tradition and only use the '60s effect ... but I'm sure you can do lots more though, scientists!

Fin!

16 comments:

  1. Toddler is SUCH a sweetie - how nice for both of you.

    Post it notes/labels to help with the brain thinky mind work (language warning).

    http://thirddrawerdown.com/shop/product/R-Get-the-hint/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love one on one time with my children. It's less noisy. Happy studying! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the way you link all these seemingly disparate subjects bodes well for your future in the law :) Open and shut case, right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chinese burns are a killer and Child 2 looks like he has had plenty of practice - look at that sheer determination and grit on his face. A CEO in the making for sure! Don't worry about the Catholic upbringing. Doesn't matter what faith or lack there of, there is always some primary school malitia group out there at the ready to convert all of our lessons of values and behaviour into Mao-esque dictatorship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fraud on the minority was always my favourite bit of the Co. Code. Don't know why i felt the need to share.

    M-L

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a large strawberry. And, off the record, I did my husband's uni assignment on ethics a few years back. He was really busy with work. Was that ethical?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good lord. Now I remember why I studied Education...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No more toddlers in this house. That makes me very sad, so please keep sharing. Corporate law looks very colorful. Do you have to actually read it, or just color the words? I'm pretty good at coloring, do you think I could be a lawyer? Probably not. The strawberries look perfect with the beautiful red and white table linen as the back drop. If the law thing doesn't work out, perhaps you could be a photographer. Good to see you have the mantra in your head for those times when you doubt yourself. I.O.Y.O.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your quiet time with your little one & the colorful ingredients that corporate law studies require. :) Oh, and those strawberries... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Child 4 is a darling! Does she miss all the noise? Everything I need to know about law seems to be on the Law and Order tv show. I knew about the Chinese wall thingy!
    I love the re-enactment. And the strawberries. And the highlighters. And the post it note thingies.
    Happy studying.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, I only speak (write) for myself, but indulging in Martha is far from boring... and definitely connected with 'I'm okay, you're okay'. Martha, is of course, so much more than okay. Can't wait to see her in 2017 or... sooner!
    I was never good with those Staedlers, always too much or too little. I'm more impressed with what you manage to do than I could ever express... yes. Could borrow your statement (which made me smile so much): I think you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the most beautiful pic of child4. She is adorable. Congrats to mother but I think she belongs to me (hands off Deb).

    Now some advice re highlighters. They are for KEY points. Not every paragraph. Sadly you actually have to learn/absorb some of it. One of my lecturers (a learned law professor) said that as in his day they hadn't had the use of photo-copiers he had to write out every judgement which meant that he actually absorbed the details of the case and therefore gained a greater understanding of the principles than modern students who assumed that because they had copied the transcript, they had read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zigsma,
    they are funny post-its. Good for an exam you're going to f'up anyway!

    Thank you Brismod ... back to shovelling for you!

    Kerry, linking disparate topics is no art!

    Knicky-Knacks, Child 2 is bursting with machiavellian enthusiasm.

    M-L, Fraud on the Minority is the only bit I'm getting.

    Anna, yes, that was clearly unethical.

    Wendy, don't think about going back and doing any more education.

    MCM, you'll reduce all my posts to capitals soon ... IOYO!

    KLY, you can come over for strawberries anytime ... and bring that little fellow of yours!

    Deb, so should I been reading the TV Guide?

    Lilli, 2017 sounds like a great year for visiting Norway ... for the second time because I'd like to think we can get there sooner than that! I'll go highlight a few calendars.

    Ms E-M,
    you're going to be shocked to know that exams now are 'open book'. All you need to know is where your notes are! My favourite part about Law is reading judgments ... there's always a pearl of wit somewhere in those pages! If I had time, I'd love to write them out.

    Thank you everyone for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought it was a tablespoon, and my eyes were indeed popping. Now I can't see it as a teaspoon, so eyes are still popping. Very trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ct,
    hello. I'm hearing what you're saying. I'm victim, too, of my own optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've proofread a book on how to write judgements by, well, judges. It was, indeed, highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete