Friday, October 29, 2010

An Equine Epiphany: Horsey discovers another 'ism'.


Oh! The Library! Excellent!


You can't make me drink, you know! 


Now, to find something of substance to read.


Nothing interesting here ... though I like the autumnal tones!


The Magna Carta ... it's a little high up for me to tell if it's the original!


This journal's not bad ... and I love a Chesterfield ... What do you mean it's not vinyl?


Whoops! Nothing in here ... I should get online and check the catalogue.


Password ... password ... password ...

 

It's not on the shelves ... these new law books are always popular!

 

 Brilliant! I knew I'd find something scintillating amongst all this gormlessness!


Rights? Animal Rights? No one told me I had Rights! And, of course I'm a victim of Speciesism ... "the discrimination or exploitation of certain animal species by human beings based on an assumption of mankind's superiority!"


Ahem! Book-keeper-type person! I'd like to borrow this book ...


Don't pretend I don't exist! I know my rights!

Classic case of Speciesism here, people!

 

Bye! Bye! Students! 


Away, on my trusty wheeled-steed!

Oh. I need a helmet ... and for someone to lower the seat.

31 comments:

  1. your posts always make me smile you clever thing! hope horsey is enjoying his book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. part of me can't believe you actually brought Horsey to the library - the rest of me is still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, slow down the craziness! No, only joking - very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious! I bet you were getting lots of odd looks today at the library with horsey. "Shhh! Here comes that eccentric mid century lady with the toy horse..." At least you would've had a table all to your self. Good move! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did anyone notice you doing this? Did you have to explain what you were doing to the security-guard-type-person? Is there anything I can do to help you through this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, Catherine and Jane,
    I am actually a bit stir crazy, I think. There's a lot more normal things I'd prefer to do at the moment. I told one of the librarians that this sort of shenanigans keeps me sane.

    Brismod, I don't think anyone saw me ... heads buried in books etc. A couple of librarians actually okayed a few photos without batting their eyelashes, so they're used to this sort of undergrad stuff, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zigsma,
    Stickin' it to the man, remember. Nothing to see here, people.

    Estelle, I looked for Gordon under "Go" as per the Dewey Decimal System, and he wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wish we'd done law at the same time. I'm all alone and laughing like a loon.
    M-L

    ReplyDelete
  9. M-L, so do I! I really needed an assistant today ... just to add a human touch. Being an external is so isolating.

    And imagine our moots! I'd wear a fake moustache and use a deep Irish accent, so no one would recognise me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heheheheh. Ahh you make me smile. Horsey needs his front legs to grow too so he can reach the handlebars. With him in the library among all the books it made me think of Pokey from Gumby. I loved Gumby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, that's how I imagine you - with a moustache and a deep Oirish accent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Megan,
    Super! We're all BIG Gumby fans here! I used to watch it with my brothers ... and the 4-bys watch the DVDs now ... "Race or a Chase" episode is my favourite.

    Zignsma,
    Dammit! You'd recognise me in my green knicker-bockers and my four-leafed clover button-hole.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've gotta ask - hpw many people were watching you in the library?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you did that! Well, I can really. You weren't joking when you told me Horsey was at the library with you. Did you get any strange looks? Has studying driven you around the bend? Are animals allowed in the library? So many questions, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just showed this to S. He got an asthma attack from laughing so hard! If he died would that make you an accessory to murder????

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh,dear. You've gone over the edge, and taken poor Horsey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey horsey you are so classy and shiny. I'll think of you whenever I use my glue. Have a lovely weekend can't wait to see what actions you get up to, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deb,
    depends if you had the intent to kill your husband. I put it to you, did you intend to kill him by showing him the post?

    Wendy, I'm a bit pooped now.

    OBH, I might need some glue for Horsey ... so many posable positions on an old horse are starting to stretch his vintage plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great news, Horsey.
    You survived the day with the mad woman in the library.
    I see you left her bag on the floor as soon as possible. Good move. You could have lost your head at one bite.(??byte).
    This woman is really losing it . She could well have brought Gordon to the library and he met a very nasty fate, snack-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I discover your blog and it's so fun this story... Great ! What a curious horse !

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would make a classic Saturday Night Live skit :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't be calling yourself an 'external', dear. It sounds like a medical examination which you may well need if you keep up these shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just lauhged hard at two things: 1 this post, 2 I read your profile where you say you like Mozart but you can't remember the titles!! We're two of them. I adore him but I can't name most of his work. Your kids must have a blast with such a playful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's one lucky horse. Wish I could have been at the library and just accidentally see you in action there... Wishing you all there a beautiful last-october-weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just want to increase my personal encouragement to the mad author of this blog bringing all her happy and less-so moments into my life.
    I so look forward each day to my fix here and have a happy start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha ha, that is super cute! I've just come onto your blog for the first time and I'm very much enjoying the chronicles of this little horse so far. Am wondering what all the other law students in the library must have thought of you as they, embarrassed, averted their eyes at your crazy horse photographing shenanigans! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Horsey seems to have a thing for the wheels of library carts. :)

    ReplyDelete