"What sort of lawyer are you anyway?"
So, before I am able to be hauled before the Legal Services Commission [as per the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld)], I'd better work out now, what sort of lawyer I'll be.
Will I be doggedly determined like Erin Brockovich?
Probably not.
Will I be as creative with my criminal defences as fictional
Horace Rumpole?
Not likely. I may get-about looking rumpled like Rumpole, though.
Will I be as outspoken as is, and married to the Prime Minister as was, Cherie Booth QC?
I doubt it ... though sometimes, if pushed, I can get a bit crazy and vociferous and political.
I'll be a little lawyer ... with a wet nose ... and a jaunty hat ... and I'll take myself, not too, seriously.
Though, I think I'd better wear pants to court.
And possibly brush-up on Copyright Law because after this post, the United Features Syndicate could have a pretty strong case against me.
PS You probably needed your reading glasses for those cartoons, Your Honour.




Love the comics, do you collect these lawyerly ones or is this a new procrastination ploy?! Do you plan to be a trial lawyer or a divorce lawyer? I may be in need of these!!
ReplyDeleteDeb,
ReplyDeleteNo procrastination. Those cartoons fell out of my diary. I'd forgotten about them ... and then I began to waste my time.
Call me in a year, and we'll get things rolling! Could you start saving some of your horse's tail so we can get someone to crochet me a wig?
No problem, I'll get on that wig right away. I thought I might need one or the other of those lawyers when we start putting that cupboard together.
ReplyDeleteWere you looking at me to crochet that wig???
ReplyDeleteI have a strict policy of always following fellow lawyer's blogs. The best kind of lawyer in my opinion is the one who is practising in an area they love. A bored lawyer is a bad lawyer. And I have no doubt you will be opinionated, we all are. And if I may offer a tip - sometimes, to begin with, it is horrible and scary and hard to understand what is going on. But it is a job (unlike some others) which does get better and better and better. Good luck. xoxo
ReplyDeleteKotaatok,
ReplyDeleteYou've got the wig jig.
Hello Jane,
I've seen your blog. It is very neat, tidy and lovely and it puts this dog's breakfast to shame! And if, God forbid, I do ever get hauled before the LSC, I'll call you as a blog character reference!
Thank you for your advice. Really.
Kotatok,
ReplyDeleteI meant wig 'gig'. You dig?
Have a happy weekend pondering over lawyer-matters. A good thing sheepskin is supposed to be just as well suited in the heat as in the cold ;) Up here we use them for kids all year round, but I guess our summers are just a tad bit colder than down under. Lena.
ReplyDeleteIf I ever needed a lawyer, I wouldn't mind a little one, with a wet nose. (S)he wouldn't even have to be a real lawyer, I suppose, just someone who believed in me.
ReplyDeleteShowing my face in those snapshots were obviously more scary than I had imagined - I had dreams about it all night. Seems like it turned out all right, and that I won't be needing someone with a wet nose, for now.
Thank you, for your words! Sleep tight! (Hm... sleep in tights... :)))
Last night I had to dress up as a lawyer for a murder party. (?) I managed to use all the lawyeresque words you have generously supplied me with. There was no wet nose or mid century furnituere howeverI am pleased to inform you I did pick the murderer, no doubt due to your nifty tutoring!
ReplyDeleteYou will be sweet as pie, far too kind and do far too much for free but unlike other lawyers you will have a clear conscience, sleep well at night and your children will still know who you are,xx Katherine
ReplyDelete