Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wet

It's been raining for days in Brisbane.


I don't mind the rain. 


 It's grey and wet and dripping outside. And inside it's nice and cosy.


Butcher birds come in to shelter ...


Babies stay in bed for hours playing with their toys ... this baby squats in her bed for some reason.


It's reading in bed weather ...


Remind me not to turn these party lights on straight away. They're sodden.


If you whinge about the rain in this house, I say, "Pack your onflight carry bags!

"Because it's only when you're clinging to a log heading down-stream with the rest of the Pakistani village that you're ever, ever allowed to contemplate complaining about some water falling from the sky!"

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! Sounds like a cozy day. Does Child 4 ever stop smiling?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, she smiles all the time because she's besotted with her mother! Only joking. I think it's a nervous smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. I notice we share an affection for festive party lights. I'm definitely going to buy Chinese lanterns after seeing yours...once this rainy weather clears. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shell ginger! You've just inspired me to go and read to the kids, as soon as they finish their baked beans and cheese jaffles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That squatting baby is exceptionally cute. 'Nervous smile'? Gotta raise the girls to be compliant...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be an afternoon tea of cheesy jaffles, hot chocolate and some pre recorded Captain Mack. They say they are too old for it but still chortle alongside. Yesterday the two eleven year olds were asleep on the couch by 4.30 PM. That hasn't happened in quite a few years. Rainy days have their uses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BM,
    those Chinese lanterns are plugged in, but I've never worked out where the on-switch is. (That's also what people say about me when they meet me).

    R&S, I never knew what that plant was ... I'm plugged in, but I don't know where the on-switch is.

    Zigsma, Stop! You didn't buy it, did you?

    AA, I'm now off to whip up a toasted cheese sandwhich because it seems all the trendsetters eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a rainy day...looks like you and yours are making the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Child 4 looks like she's in the same state as Possum, constantly smiling! And - you have no reason to complain with spring coming, we woke up to an icy garden this morning (not that I mind really).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy & Lilli,
    we've been having a lovely time in the wet ... though I did find out later last evening that areas very close to us started to flood ... I can't wait to see Christmassy-cold photos of the Northern Hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete