Photographers took avant garde, cutting-edge, artsy, pushing-the-envelope, my-brother-let-my-guinea-pig-escape, kind-of photos in the mid-70s.
This dates to 1976.
Whoa horsey!
I know, it looks like I've just ridden bare-back to the Gold Coast Kindergarten on my trusty and spirited steed, Clippety-Clop.
But, no. It's staged! All this retro-photographic talent gets forgotten in this world of Polaroids and microwaves and what-not.
I can't remember this being taken, but it looks like a wind-machine was also deployed to give my hair a 'just galloped on an Acapulco beach' look.
Brilliant! That's a wrap!
(Do you sometimes get really tired and a leetle bit panicky when you have a lot of work to do, and are otherwise avoiding your responsibilities?)

I get exhausted, famished and also suddenly things like the ironing become super important. I use this mantra "this too shall pass". It does it for me and reminds me that I will get through...grog, drugs and chocolate are good too ha. Love the pic, that horse is fantastic and look at those blonds locks, cheers Katherine oh and what happened to those rope climbing things in the background...they were excellent!
ReplyDeleteThe socks, baby. It's all about the socks.
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute. I've got similar photos but I'm dressed in bell bottoms on the Gold Coast. I'll have to dig them out. And re your Romper Room post yesterday, I loved Romper Room as a kid. I can still bend and stretch, reach for the sky...
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute photo. Love the riding outfit, but do have to wonder whether its more suited to side-saddle?
ReplyDelete(Oh and tired and panicky are my middles names)
My son is pacing and face-booking in circles. His U.S. constitution class is making him, and us, crazy. Focus, man, focus! Poor boy, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My middle name is procrastination. I feel your pain...indirectly.
ReplyDeleteI start cleaning the house when I have a deadline and I think I recognise that frantic-bordering-on-hysterical mode too. I start bothering everyone with my heightened sense of the absurd and sharpened 'wit'! I love the sock/frock coordination.
ReplyDeleteSo now vee can zee vere zis obsession vis Smocked Liberty has its roots!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. I didn't know anybody else saw Romper Room. Don't suppose you also remember Adventure Island. Plot resolution was always on Friday when I had to go to Mrs Wilmot's School of Highland Dance. (Never forgave her.) Do you recall how it turned out?
ReplyDeleteMs Boathouse uses my favourite mantra- also good during labour and Commonwealth Games.
My house is never so clean as it when I have an assessment piece due in or the run up to exams. I swear I polish the kitchen sink.
ReplyDeleteBah ha ha ha, I like your style, oh yes I do. So glad I found you over at Meet Me At Mikes, 'cause it means I did, I did Meet you at Mikes :)
ReplyDeleteOBH,
ReplyDeleteI use the chocolate a lot. Sometimes I try the wine, but I generally fall asleep, so the husband's mantra is , "too soon she'll pass out".
Wendy, I liked those socks. They were very synthetic.
BM, Pull out those flares shots! C'mon kiddo!
Liesl, you'd think they photographer's assistant would have been a bit more into 'styling'. But, no.
MCM, you have a middle name like Liesl.
Zigsma, I've reverted to your normal name. I like your style.
AA, I never saw Adventure Island. I'm now going to devote my spare time to finding out all about it!
Kotaatok, who doesn't love a good Jif elbow-scrub of stainless steel.
Aussie-waffler, I can see why you're called Aussie-waffler. You don't mince words! Welcome along. Pity you didn't join the day before yesterday because you'd have been on Romper Room.
Great styling! Great lighting! And the model is a natural! Thanks for sharing ;)
ReplyDeleteYou know what, during a three hour boat ride to Denmark I beat my boyfriend in iPad-pinball :D
Have a great week!
I feel your pain. I thought my dinner guests would never leave last night. I crept upstairs for a lie down and nobody even missed me!
ReplyDeleteLove your stylin' photo! Now stop fooling around and get to work!!!