They are a bit quiet and a bit shy, but they're of unquestionably high-brow taste and of razor-sharp wit, and they've immediately recognised this fly-by-the-seat-of-its-pants blog as one worth hanging on to!
So I thought I'd say hello to them the old fashioned way!
Do you remember Romper Room?
Do be a Do-bee and say 'Yes'!
Do be a Do-bee and say 'Yes'!
I do!
I watched Romper Room often enough and, never once, did near-sighted Miss Helena ever see little MMMC avidly glued to the set screaming, 'Can't you see me, Miss Helena? Why don't you say,'Hello, MMMC'!
So ... Romper, bomper, stomper boo! Tell me, tell me, tell me do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play?
I can see ... Jillian, that's a big rock on your thumbnail, and NessaKnits (she does). There's Wendy, from Little Green Bums, which in my house means someone's ill, and Kyrouska. Topography, I see you, and Caroline.
There's Emma K, you look busy with your blogs, and Jo, you have a nice blog, and Melissa, I see you.
I see Laura Lewis, does your mummy know about your blue hair?
I see H is for Home, I don't know why you're following, but you must know what you're doing ... And there's Ingrid and Kerry, you often show pretty pictures on your blog.
There's Knicky-Knacks and Kelesney ... you have a lot of blogs which look to be in their infancy ... and I can see a Corporate Law text book and one on Legal Ethics, I was hoping to ignore you two ...
And I can see MMMC. She follows her own blog. What a loser!
And then I see all our other blog friends who've been watching for so long!
And, then I see You! Yes, there you are.
Wasn't that fun? Bye now!



Well, now I know how you felt as a child...
ReplyDeleteStep away from the computer....you have lost your mind! I had a great laugh, particularly when you mentioned my humble little blog. Have a great week. Has the heat got to you?
ReplyDeleteZigstar,
ReplyDeleteThis blog's cheaper than professional help.
KK,
ReplyDeleteyes, today I admit, I have felt some of the mental faculties beginning to slip. But I do feel, the blog's gotta give its bit back, and what better way to do that than channel an old tv favourite that did me NO FAVOURS because my name's not a common one!
My husband and I were punching the ball (balloon) romper room style this afternoon with one of our nieces. I couldn't remember the words, my husband knew some. You have a memory of an elephant shall we say? I guess that would come in handy for all the law-sy study.
ReplyDeleteYou're right - and a professional would probably get my name wrong...
ReplyDeleteJulie, you won't get this out of your head now ...
ReplyDeletePunch, punch, punch the ball.
Punching's so much fun.
Use your wrist, or hand or fist and keep it on the run.
Punch, punch, punch the ball.
No matter what you do.
The roly, poly, punch-a-ball keeps coming back to you!
I need a big glass of milk now, and the microphone will catch the sounds of me slurping and breathing heavily into my Do-Bee cup.
Jigsjar,
I wouldn't pay a professional who got my name wrong. That's sloppy and unacceptable.
MMNC
She never said my name either and nor did you - sob!
ReplyDeleteM-L
Bend and stretch, reach for the sky , stand on tippy toes ,oh so high....
ReplyDeleteAhhh thats better.
M-L, I'm perpetuating the psychological trauma! I see you! You've been here for the longhaul. I'll choose you to do the Fuzzy Felt picture ... that takes the selected child forever to complete.
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
do you have a basket on your head?
MMXC - redeemed. Hey, that's a number. Oh, and so is your 'real' name. From now on I shall call thee 3100.
ReplyDeleteI've just arrived home from a School Race Day Committee meeting and you've got me laughing out loud. What are you on?!!! You should bottle it. And I seem to have been singing the punch-a-ball song a lot lately, but I keep catching myself in case the kids think I'm instructing them to punch each other or something.
ReplyDeleteAnna, I hope you drove home in your cardboard box car.
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing out loud Again! My name was never called either, she must be ancient by now. Love the photo illustrations, you must be studying too hard and your brain has caved in or something but keep it up, my cereal is more enjoyable when I have your blog to accompany me for breakfast!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Deb! I've just finished listening to a lecture on Voluntary Administration, which may explain my brain cave-in. I'm off to have a sleep now.
ReplyDeleteit's all coming flooding back -
ReplyDeleteyou're a lunatic.
Oh, my. In our neck of the woods, the hostess was Miss Sally. Glad I'm not the only loser following my own blog...
ReplyDeleteMiss Helena never said hello to me either
ReplyDeleteThink I'm glad I never met this Helena; she seems scary! After this, I'm seriously concidering shutting my blog down and open one in which I'll be raving mad. All the time. I lost two followers the last day, must be that I'm too nice! (Ah, wait, I could follow myself, and I'd be one up...hmmmm)
ReplyDeleteIt was Miss Nancy in my day. Nope, she never said hello to me...never, so I quit watching. I showed her. I know she noticed when I wasn't out there anymore.
ReplyDeletePM,
ReplyDeletethank you! And hello, you.
Kotaatok, it's okay.
Lilli, I bet you grew up with equally crazy television in Norway! I can't believe you lost two followers. Don't go changin' a sentence. And definitely follow yourself. I am my biggest fan!
MCM,
you know the show's been axed! You know you're probably responsible for that. Miss Nancy would say you were a 'Don't Bee'. But I love how you were stickin' it to the system!