Ikea Sweden has released a new cookbook.
I've read it's free, but only from Ikea Sweden. Anyone in Sweden reading this?
It's completely word-free, and the 30 classic Swedish baking recipes are composed entirely of studio portraits of ingredients required, and then an image of the finished dish.
Of course, it's really a promotional tool which highlights Ikea kitchen appliances and their connection with cooking. But I think it'd be cool to flick through.
I tried to find it on the Swedish Ikea website, but the only word I recognised was 'Valkommen'. My Swedish is getting better, but it's still not passable!
The photos were taken by Carl Kleiner, whom I assume is this Carl Kleiner ... who did this photo.
You should peruse Mr Kleiner's website, if you're so inclined.





What a cool concept. Love these images. I found myself trying to figure out the finished dish; apparently they're all sweet and delicious desserts, flan style - according to my imagination. There is nothing Ikea can't do!!
ReplyDeleteR&S,
ReplyDeleteyes, it's very definitely a book for looking at. I think it's about 140 pages, so they're are a lot more photos. And I'm not sure how easy it'd be to reconstruct the recipes using images only, especially if you can't recognise some of the ingredients!
I'm loving the zebra! The 7 yr old has to make a vege animal for some obscure wicker man project at school. (I think it's meant to be for English?!) We'll be buying up on egg plant and skewers to shamelessly plagiarise Mr Kleiner and his menagerie diner.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of a recipe book with no words but the measurements might get tricky- eg. a schmeer of unknown creamy goop.
What a neat idea. I wonder why you can't get it anywhere else?! Have you seen the online tv show about a bunch of hollywood has beens working at Ikea? It's a hoot! It's called Easy to Assemble. I can't believe Ikea let them shoot this in their store.
ReplyDelete