On Thursday, I received this from Child 2's teacher ...
Hi (MMMC),
I just wanted to touch base with you about how (Child 2) is going socially. He is happy but he is playing a lot on his own at the moment and more often walking around with teachers that he knows at break time.
He says he's happy not to play with anyone but I am worried that he is playing on his own too much.
He has in the past played with S and A but doesn't seem to be interested in playing with them as much at the moment.
I haven't gotten much out of him, he just says he's happy. I am happy for kids to play on their own (it is a healthy thing for kids to do), just not as much as (Child 2) is. I have tried to buddy him up with a few kids but he just doesn't seem interested.
Then, on Friday, I stumbled upon this ... it jumped out at me at the counter of the State Library Book Shop ...





Correct me, but is this episode about bulls?
ReplyDeleteChild 2 seems to prefer the conversation of older people.
Most people do on Planet Disco.
This story makes me a bit sad for your little boy, but his teacher sounds very kind and caring.
ReplyDeleteThat Ferdinand story was mentioned in that Sandra Bullock movie called the Blind Side.
Good luck MMMC! love Jackie.
Oh Jackie,
ReplyDeletethank you. I changed the post a bit to explain my esotericism. I worry about Child 2 sometimes.
I don't watch movies, so I don't know about the Sandra Bullock movie ... maybe I should look it up.
I don't think you should worry overly about your son. Not everyone boy runs with the pack. I have a son who prefers his own company more than others. He seems happy though. The Ferdinand theme must be a message. xx
ReplyDeleteGo Ferdinand!
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that schools think there must be something wrong when a child is a little bit different from the pack?
Well, Ferdinand's happiness with his own company - good skill to have - saved him from being stabbed by the banderilleros, the picadores and the matador. I wouldn't worry.
ReplyDeleteIt's only recently that I've learned corks don't actually grow on trees like that.
I like coinkidinks like this.
Child 2 looks pretty happy to me in his fancy new shirt! People who like their own company are very intelligent and I should know because I constantly amuse myself.
ReplyDeleteI believe the key words are that "she was and understanding mother even though she was a cow". I like to believe that I can listen to them and have faith in them to find their way through. And I have learnt from experience that I know my chillun better than even the most spectaculous teacher because I have seen every nuance of their being grow from bumps to fragile babies to adorable toddlers to loving 11 year old rough nuts. And when they are happy just let them be happy, don't fix what's not broke and know that they'll always love their Mum even when she's a bit of a cow.
ReplyDeleteThe teacher is only concerned for him. Her concern makes me worry, that's all.
ReplyDeleteBrismod & Curlypops, thank you.(it's hard using those names when one is being serious).
Zigsma, Ferdinand was the sensible one, and those cork trees are amusing! I liked this coinkidink too. That's a nice new word for the gang!
Deb, I wonder what it is about you! It's your genius!
And AA, I am a cow. People tell me that all the time ... usually with 'silly old' as a prefix. Udderly wise words from you.
no matter what our kids do or what they are like its our destiny to worry. Its that worry-ness that has shocked me the most about being a parent! hey ho...your kid sounds cool
ReplyDelete