It's Child One's 9th birthday tomorrow, so I took her to town to let her select a Swatch watch. I've learnt that her taste is not my taste.
While we were in town we thought we'd make the most of it and have some coffee ...
Child One was more interested in reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid than talking to me.
Because Child 4 was at home still sleeping, and we could not get a ride for some time, we trekked to the Art Gallery to have a mosey around.
Can you see the giant Lego men scaling the Performing Arts Complex?
And then we went down to the children's section because we really only had about half-an-hour to kill.
Child One joined in some activities ... her contribution is on the right.
Nice to see 'poo' humour isn't just something shared by the inhabitants of the MC Hacienda.
There are lots of groovy people in the Gallery precinct ... much groovier than those who frequent Woolworths. All the best people are wearing glossy red shoes.
And I did buy this. Onward to maternal freedom!
On a more domestic note ... this thing has been hanging around for sometime. It used to be in my childhood home ... but we've never really had space for it.
I'd actually prefer something like this ... I'm worried the blog is losing its mid-century edge ... hopefully the above photo will plug that gap for the time being.
Anyway, this buffet was quite filthy, so we took to it with some gusto in the form of the vacuum and a bucket of water!
Here's Child 2 helping out. Day-by-day I think he's destined for a future in Interiors.
We decided we'd put the buffet in the sewing room ... I think I'll get it painted gloss-red or orange.
It's large enough to store my fabric ... aren't they folded nicely?
Folding was extremely satisfying. The Order among otherwise Chaos.
Though I'm thinking some vintage wallpaper may be good to line the rear walls?
Would ordering that from Retrovilla Denmark be too extravagant?
Look at their lovely store! And not a clown to be seen.
Look at their lovely store! And not a clown to be seen.




Ordering wallpaper from Retrovilla would not be too extravagant. Do it. And then show us all. Also happy birthday to your eldest. xx
ReplyDeleteOOoh I'm imagining that buffet painted in a really glossy bright orange colour. That would be cool!
ReplyDeleteI love a bit of kiddie poo humour - too funny.
Brismod,
ReplyDeleteyou know I'd say the same thing to you if you asked that question!
Curly Pops,
It was your crafty spring cleaning which inspired me to get off the proverbial pin cushion and do something about the buffet! So, I just may go for gloss-orange to honour your tirelessness!
Orange, orange! I really like the buffet - there's something quite Grimm Brothers about it. And excellent folding.
ReplyDeleteZigsma,
ReplyDeletedo you think Hansel and Gretel may pop out at any time?! I have a friend (not you) in Melbourne who thinks I'm a good folder. If you ever run into her, she'll tell you.
Happy Birthday to Child 1! She has such pretty hair and lovely red sneakers. The buffet is something else! I do agree with Zigsma re the Brothers Grimm. I would ask child 2 what he would recommend in way of colour choices, wallpaper, etc. I love your fabric and the folding is spot on. Do give us a report on your new book. Over and out.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to the 9 year old daughter!
ReplyDeleteIt seems that you had a lovely day! What a wonderful buffet you found! Must be perfect for all your lovely fabrics.
I just love Retrovilla, and the next time I visit Copenhagen, Iwill sure find the new store. They have just moved from another place I think. The wallpapapers are oustanding!
I bougt a yellow one with big yellow flowers, and I just love it. Have an nice weekend all of you! Best wishes Kardemomme :))
I'm going to stir things up a bit and say paint it a glossy turquoise then fill it with orange things. I am owner of one aforementioned glossy orange kitchen dresser and I think stuff tends to display better on a less 'acid' background. (happy to provide photos as evidence if required). Happy birthday to kid one, she looks like one cool critter :)
ReplyDeleteWhat could one possibly say, that you didn't say already :) Lovely shoes; lovely cupboard (yes, paint it); I have high hopes for Child 2, and I can really relate with your day out. Reminded me of when I took my eldest to some fancy restaurant, little time together just him and me. We ordered our food, he went to the toilet, and stayed there during the entire meal. Nothing wrong, just... I don't know :)
ReplyDelete(Have to figure out when "tomorrow" is in Australia, now :)
Your friend who thinks you're a good folder? I KNOW her! And Estelle's idea of turquoise ext and orange int is excnt.
ReplyDeleteDeb,
ReplyDeleteyou're always gorgeous!
Kardemomme, I wish I could pop over to Copenhagen. I really do. I might write to Sir Richard Branson and grovel a bit.
Estelle,
hello. I like your suggestion ... if you read on, you'll see my decision has been taken from me! But I am building an orange Bitossi collection which would've fitted your brief. Dammit!
Zigsma,
I don't know whether you're joking or not! Didn't you do a Masters in something? What was it?
Lilli,
I have no idea what time it is in Norway! I thought you had a son ... families. Complicated.