1968 Australian home. Some Ruska. Teak furniture. Native Australian gardens. Splashes of Marimekko. Rimini blue Bitossi. 50s, 60s and 70s homes. House plants and succulents. Woody Allen. The occasional appearance by some Solid Gold Dancers. That's what you'll find here. And lashings of chutzpah thrown-in for good measure. Pull up a Suekichi Uchida and make yourself at home.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Spoke too soon ...
Look what came home from Kindy yesterday afternoon ...
... a train.
I recognise that toilet roll.
It was made especially for me, so I really can't throw it out.
Ahhhhhh! Hey I thought the kiddies weren't allowed to take empty toilet rolls to kinder or school anymore in case they had germs, or is that just a Victorian rule?
Curly Pops, some childcare centres/kindies/Preps won't take toilet rolls ... this kindy does for some reason. I don't question it, because we go through toilet paper like there's no tomorrow!
Ahahah love it, how suitable that this post follows your previous one! And dear me, why would you want to throw it away?? It is so definitely a train and so very fantastic! We made box gluing transport vehicles recently at school and I could swear that your child has plagarised some of my students' work though, may want to get onto your child with that - perfect use for the law degree!
HaHa! Just wait awhile, it will get lost in the shuffle.
ReplyDeleteI do believe Gordon has a seat on the Kleenex express. All aboard to the wheelie bin (give or take a few months of dust gathering admiration.)
ReplyDeleteYou're a lucky woman! Quick, take a photo of it with Child 3, and plot it's demise in a week or two. I think you'd be a good plotter.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh! Hey I thought the kiddies weren't allowed to take empty toilet rolls to kinder or school anymore in case they had germs, or is that just a Victorian rule?
ReplyDeleteIt's the best thing he's made, ironically.
ReplyDeleteCurly Pops, some childcare centres/kindies/Preps won't take toilet rolls ... this kindy does for some reason. I don't question it, because we go through toilet paper like there's no tomorrow!
Ahahah love it, how suitable that this post follows your previous one! And dear me, why would you want to throw it away?? It is so definitely a train and so very fantastic! We made box gluing transport vehicles recently at school and I could swear that your child has plagarised some of my students' work though, may want to get onto your child with that - perfect use for the law degree!
ReplyDeleteMegan,
ReplyDeleteyour comment did make me laugh. I know, I couldn't believe it came home after what I'd said!
See you in Court!
MMMC xx