Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Wizard": An extremely skilled pinball player.

Last night, I remembered one of my addictive weaknesses ... though can't be that addictive if I'd forgotten about it.

During my last year of studying Arts, I spent much of my time at the University of Queensland Library ... NO! As if!

I spent my time at the Student Union pinball arcade!

I'm talkin' circa 1991.

I honed my button skills ... did a bit of boy watching.

The boys have all gone - stickin' it up ya boys! Look what you missed out on!

But the love of pinball remains.

So, while helping Childs 2&3 play some games on the ABC Kids website ... you can imagine my addictive personality kick-in when I found the Mr Men Pinball Game!


 Here ... click here to play! Play it.

"Careful. You gotta watch the outlane! ... No. No. Mummy'll show you! 

"See, how I'm toggling the arrows? Lucky this isn't multi-ball, boys! No. I'll do it! I haven't finished yet. 

"If only I could tilt the laptop! The ball! I need a death save ... You're standing too close to me!

"Wait! ... Save! Save! Oh, it's down the drain. Now you see what you made Mummy do?"*

*Pinball lingo care of Pinball World. My usual pinball lingo is a string of expletives because I'm not very good at pinball.

5 comments:

  1. HaHaHa! Did you finally let them play?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    eventually I let them have a go. Not as good as me though! HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cool. "Somebody needs a tickle!"

    And I do love the backing soundtrack. I think I shall use it as my theme song while I strut to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I love pinpall! I would find it hard to let anyone get ahead of me in the que. I get very competitive... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ct,
    hello. Good to see you. It is a fun game.

    Konfettiform,
    don't make me come over there and challenge you ... and then I'd make you take me to some fleamarkets.

    ReplyDelete