Anyway, I might smatter this dilemma with vintage Fisher Price ... who's not a fan of vintage Fisher Price? No hands ... thought so.
My brother had this set. It's funny to remember it. Those blokes are rugged.
On my impetus, this blog was begot. No one forced me to start it. And we all know these blogs are public viewing, so anyone can read them.
Never seen this one before ... it'd look cute on a bookshelf ... because you can't play with it!
Half the Danish population's read one post of mine ... and that could include Princess Mary who, no doubt, is desperate for any advice on:
This is vintage ...
1. 'How to Raise Four Kids and Continue to Front the Public and Maintain a Semblance of Sanity' or
2. 'How to tastefully furnish your home with the best Danish furniture that money can buy'
That one on the yellow horsey looks like he's wearing a toupe ... Let's hope it's stuck on tight!
It's all in here Princess Mary! Keep trawling ...
I love this phone ...
But what would you do if you knew someone was reading your blog who you didn't want to read it? For example, I'm sure there are people whom you wouldn't want reading your blog ... your mother-in-law, your mother, your estranged twin sister with the twitch ...
A girl down the road had this on her dressing table. They lived in a very cool, flat roofed house with an internal spiral staircase from the front door to the upper-living area.
Someone knocked the house down.
I'm not talking about anonymous people who flit-on and flit-off whom you don't know eg Danes ... I'm talking about someone whom you wouldn't normally have any contact with.
My little sister had these squirrels ... she loved them.
Someone you'd avoided for the last 15 years or so, they'd reciprocated that avoidance, but now you discover they were getting daily updates on your life ... without informing you, without officially 'following', without your permission, without saying anything.
Remember me?
We all try and keep our blogs fairly vague ... but there is personal information which is obviously revealed. And if you know the blog author, you perceive that personal aspect of the blog.
The listing had this as 'Fisher Price' ... either way they're kind of minimalist groovy ... on a floaty taffeta cloud ...
I can guarantee that people who know me, and who've read the blog, know a lot more about me because, usually, I am quite reserved and don't reveal too much.
On the other hand, if you don't know me, the blog wouldn't really mean too much to you, other than it's a bit stupid.
Here's some standard farm animals for anyone who's looking for standard farm animals ...
It's akin to bumping into someone you know at the supermarket, and they stand there talking to you while simultaneously peering at the items you're about to buy - Sure, the contents are on display to the public, but is it any of their business what's in your trolley?
I had this desk ... I wonder where it got to ... it's like an old-fashioned laptop ...
Thus, what would you do?
1. Would you email the silent reader and ask them to stop reading your blog and respect your privacy?
2. Would you restrict access to the blog? Make it by invitation only? And, as a result, lose those readers who don't have a Google account, as well as stopping any new readers ever reading? More critically, lose your connection to the random Danish Internet community?
Oh, look ... Child 4 would love to play with these ... but I just discovered the postage is horrendous ...
3.Would you close the entire blog, put it down to a moment of foolishness and clean the bath like you should have done five months ago?
4. Or, would you just pretend they're not reading, accept it as par for the course, and keep churning out the good stuff?
This is a classic ... put it on the shelf! No touching!













This IS a dilemma. Is it an ethical one or a moral one? (I just heard that line in a movie, I'm not that smart). I'm more reserved in real life too while on my blog I am downright silly sometimes. I need to ponder this for awhile and I'll get back to you.
ReplyDeleteI have this problem. Well maybe I do? I don't really know who reads mine. But I think I may have this problem. Mostly I just go with number 4 but I do contemplate number 3 sometimes. But why should I let them ruin my party. They are probably just jealous of my amazing talent and witty humour.
ReplyDeleteJust go with number 1. If you have one particular reader you want to ditch just do it. Easier to get rid of than a bush turkey.
ReplyDeleteP>S> My word verification was "presto"! It's a sign.
Is there a way you can make it "private" or invitation only? If there is you could do that. If you feel you are in danger, maybe option 3 is the only way. I hope you aren't though. Jackie x
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Slightly distracted by all that vintage fisherprice gorgeousness to answer your question sensibly but unless said person is threatening you or upsetting you, I would suggest you just ignore it and hope they go away. I suspect if they read this post, they may well just take themselves off of their own accord!
ReplyDeleteDo you have an arch enemy too?
ReplyDeleteI say you follow option 4. Why should you let someone else restrict you? xx
Oh weird, weird, weird, this is a really sucky dilemma.
ReplyDeleteHmm not sure because if you choose option 4 are you forever going to be censoring yourself with the expection they're reading and therefore taking the fun out of it for you? This is why no one from my real life except one knows I have a blog. In real life I don't reveal much either and I'd just feel too self conscious and creeped out if the above situation happened to me.
Could option 1 just make it into 'an issue' which is just going to cause you grief? (Also how do you know someone who doesn't follow you is regularly reading your stuff. Is there a way of tracking that? I know nothing)
Don't choose option 3!!!!! (Unless you really, really want to of course) You're too funny, I'd miss my regular updates.
So perhaps option 2?? (At least for awhile so they get the idea to bugger off) then open it up again in the future when they've forgotten about it?
Truly a dilemma..
Blog, blog, blog. Let no man, woman or child stand in your way! Please don't stop as this mid century madam has grown quite accustomed to your posts. You have nothing to hide, right? Right!
ReplyDeleteLook, whoever you are. Shoo, go away! Our MMMc does not wish to have you poking around in her virtual smalls drawer so I believe most of the Ladies and I would prefer you to just go elsewhere in blog world so we can continue our happy discourse. We do not like it when our turkey hating, Fisher price loving, furniture lusting mama is unnerved to the point of switching off. So BEGONE and let there be no evidence of your cyber presence agin!
ReplyDeleteI'm dealing with that right now - want to post whats going on - but would just cause more trouble for myself as I know who is keeping an eye on me.
ReplyDelete(there's a crazy mother in the wings)
So i'm not the best person to ask!!
Expectation!! (see above - can't stand typos)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Anita ,brismod, she is a very wise gal, very stylish and excellent cake maker. I think whoever this person is reading your blog needs to get their own life and stop sniffing around in yours. I would not like you to change how you write because selfishly, you make me laugh and I like your clan...by this i mean all your commenters too. However I do not allow anonymous comments on my blog. Ahh but don,t you just wish you could just tell them to **** off!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, seems like Tituba-me has whipped up an hysteria of Arthur Miller-esque proportions.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a problem with Anon Readers ... though I'd prefer they give a name, at least, if they comment ... let's face it, MMMC isn't a recognisable first name ... and I don't have a problem with Anon followers, atleast they acknowledge their presence by following ... and having a blog with a small amount of traffic, it's easy to see from where people are reading and how often ... the Google stats give you all this ... that's how I established so many Danes were coming from FaceBook. I find it quite interesting.
I just have a problem with someone regularly reading a blog, who doesn't make their presence known in any way, because they know if their presence was known, the blog author would not be none too happy.
But, it is par for the course, I guess.
Di-lemma, di-lemma. I would try to ignore the person in question and just keep blogging. If they read this post they may just get the drift, hopefully. I wouldn't email them or acknowledge them any further, not worth it.
ReplyDeleteKeep on blogging MMMC!
ReplyDeleteMy Mother in law reads my blog, so I am forever censoring my true mothering abilities.
So I am living vicariously (is that the right word) through you and your messy house and half naked kids.
So if we looked at it mathematically, the 58 of us are truly more valuable than the 1 of them, so we win. That is all.
if they don't make their presence known in any way, because they know if their presence were known the blog author would be none too happy, then how would said blog author actually know that indeed the individual concerned was in fact regularly reading the blog?
ReplyDeleteyou're not talking about me are you?
in a moment of reverse weirdness, i feel un=nerved that you can track my every view of your blog... i didn't know you could do that.
ReplyDeletenow that you know I am a regular 11pm dawdler who lingers over your lovely furniture posts and weeps tears of camaraderie at your piles of laundry and strange children, i feel nervous about reading for too long lest you think i have no life and should be somewhere else, like in bed next to my snoring husband.
Admin,
ReplyDeleteit's not you, don't worry about it. Keep reading.
And I can't track your moves.
I'd hate to think this scenario forced you back to bed next to a snoring husband!
Number 4 is the magic number.
ReplyDeleteDon't let the turkeys get you down.