Here be the link to the bag.
I just have to choose the fabric, because she's one choosey sissy.
But I don't have time to make said bag, yet. It may have to wait until I've done my exams.
So, when I saw this bag yesterday, I thought I'd show my sister. Here sister, look at the bag.
By the way, the one I'm making for you, Miss C, looks nothing like this.
And this ... IS IT NOT THE CUTEST SMOCK YOU'VE SEEN FOR A LONG TIME?
Look at how perfectly positioned the back is.
My children yell all the time, so I sometimes YELL TOO!
I have made a personal vow that I won't buy anything that I could muck-up on the sewing machine myself ... but I don't have Barbapapa fabric, and I don't live in the Netherlands, so I may have to bring out my good friend, Mr Mastercard ....
As an aside, this is a Barbapapa book I had when I was little ...
We always seem to read it to the 4xChilds. There was a period when the Husband would read it operatic-style ... "Babapapa the Opera" ... he would sing the words in dramatic operatic fashion. It was very amusing. We had Italian subtitles and everything (no we didn't really, I just said that).
Though, I would strictly enforce an "interval" and race into the lounge room and quaff a glass of Chardy, and then race back to the children's room for the second Act.
Anyway, when I saw the Babapapa smock, I thought of another cute thing I saw which Mr Mastercard may be interested in ... these funny cushions ... they're a bit David Bromley-esque. Agree?
The woman who sells them has a whole lot of very nostalgic vintage children's stuff which is very endearing. Here is her link ... click here. I'm getting lazy.
Peruse, good readers.
I'm just throwing it all in ...
It's all very nostalgic and cute ...
Sometimes I wish I was a stylist, because I'm sure I could buy all this stuff and wrangle some tax deduction ...
So glad Tax Law is not a required subject in Queensland ...
Sometimes I shake my head at the fact I like looking at 'items' ... surely that's too materialistic
and despicable ...
In this book, the children have gorgeous vintage names such as "Jerry" and "Tim" ...
And look at these two cherubs ... babies grow too quickly don't they? Child 4 is doing things that amaze me, but I'm trying to stifle them because it means she's growing up!
I love blocks ... I do.
Fin!
















Kewpies and buckets and blocks, oh, my! What a lovely stroll down the nostalgia path.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard but delightful with the last baby because every schnookle of the nook at the back of the head is extra lovely...even at midnight.
THE SMOCK IS DARLING! I like to yell sometimes too. Mr Mastercard and I have a close relationship but the hubby keeps butting in.
ReplyDeleteAA,
ReplyDeleteI definitely don't mind waking in the middle of the night for C4. I'm soaking-up her babyness and babymess for all it's worth.
Deb,
is there no end to your amusement? I concur, a credit card hubby butt is no good.
What a great post and such great finds! How easy it is to spend money these days without forking out a cent. The number of things I've 'bought' and found homes for is endless! But how I love that Barbapapa fabric - so cute as a smock. It certainly is all about the fabric. Will let you ponder your sister's bag which I'm sure will turn out fab.
ReplyDeleteWhere can I find that cutey dolly in a red dress on the chair?
ReplyDeleteShe's calling to me.
DMC, if you go back to the post and find the sentence "Here is her link ... click here".
ReplyDeleteClick on the highlighted 'here' and it should take you to her shop. I think she also had an accompanying dog.
I don't know how to make my links bolder.
Yes the bag is nice, but I like the tiny happy one you shall be making post-November-ish.
ReplyDelete