Since she's been gone, the dinner-table conversation has risen in its level of scintillation.
Do partake in some witty repartee to which I was a party the other night ...
Child 3: What's for dinner?
MMMC: Poo.
Child 3: What's for dinner?
MMMC: Poo.
Child 3: McDonalds?
MMMC: No. Poo.
Child 3 has no shirt on because he spilt his water all over himself.
Child 2: My mouth's burning!
MMMC: But you haven't eaten anything yet! Are you sick?
Child 2: No, my mouth's burning.
MMMC: What do you mean?
Child 2: Sometimes I feel like I start to vomit, but my mind says 'Hey! You don't want to vomit all over the place!' So, I shut my mouth and I gulp down and swallow the vomit and then my mouth burns.
Child 3: I need help to bring all my cars in my room from outside.
MMMC: I'm not helping you.
Child 3: I need help to bring them all in before dark.
MMMC: I'm not helping you. I didn't bring them outside.
Child 2: Robbers don't come 'round to steal stuff. They just come 'round to steal stuff when they don't have enough furniture or kids.
Child 3: No one's helping me! No one!
Child 2: Okay, I'll help.
Child 3: Come on! When I say 'come', you come. Come!
MMMC: Why are you sticking stickers all over the cars?
Child 3: Because they'll look good.
MMMC: Can you stop using your nuggets as puppet feet and just eat your dinner?
MMMC: Child 3, I hope you're not sticking those stickers on your place mat.
Child 3: No Mum.
MMMC: Have some nuggets.
Child 3: Only one.
MMMC: What's wrong with them?
Child 3: Nuffink.
Child 2: Hands up who's cute and cuddly?
MMMC, Child 3, Child 2 put their hands up.
Is this a transcript? I love it. It's absurdist theatre. Send it into Company B; they might stage it downstairs.
ReplyDeleteMM,
ReplyDeleteI just re-read it. It is absurd! Word-for-word the conversation ran that way. I was thinking to myself "Is this as good as it gets?"
I'm happy to sell tickets and people can watch us here.
Very funny....it doesn't improve with age, cheers Katherine
ReplyDeleteAs if you haven´t got enough to read through already, or doing your best to stay off the internet... Here is some more stuff to read ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.typographyforlawyers.com/
(I haven´t read through it all myself, just a wild guess you might find it interesting :)
Your kids are so cute. Imagine the conversations when child 4 starts gabbing! I wonder where they get it from?! (poo for supper)
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I love your kids. My kids are pretty rude - its a good idea if they don't tell me to 'pee off!'
ReplyDeleteNow this all sounds familiar! Reminds me of Miles' latest question to a very car-sick sister, Savannah, on a long and windy journey, " Savannah, what colour is your vomit? "
ReplyDeleteahahah ahh that did make me smile. reminds me of lunch with the kindy kids.
ReplyDeleteStudent1 "put your hand up if you like vegemite" *random raising of hands*
Student2 "put your hand up if you like yoghurt" *random raising of hands*
Student1 "put your hand up if you like chocolate" *unanimous raising of hands*
Student3 "did you know teeth are made of blood"
Student4 "no they aren't"
Student3 "yes they are"
Student5 "teeth are made of bone"
Student4 "we don't have blood in our heads!"
conversation with children, so amusing!
ps. hope you enjoyed your poo for dinner.. poo nuggets were they?
And you all are; CUTE! I believe it won't change much in the next 10 years (especially enjoyed the vomit-part :) Haven't forgotten about you, just a bit behind with everything - as usual :)
ReplyDeleteOBH,
ReplyDeleteI thought children were meant to get more lucid/rational with age?
Konfetti,
I started to read that document. It is very interesting. Thank you.
Deb,
I told them 'poo' because no matter what I serve them, I always get the same reaction of disgust.
Hello EmmaK,
every-so-often Child 2 says 'sit' and that's because he can't pronounce "sh". He gets in trouble.
Hello Kickcan,
how can someone with one of the world's cutest blogs have children who talk about vomit? I don't believe it!
Megan,
you know exactly what I'm talking about ... mindless jibber-jabber.
Viilhvile,
you're ok. What sort of camera do you use?