Friday, September 24, 2010

Hello

How long was that? A day?


Cold turkey's pretty hard ... I did two assignments in my time away though ... only one more assignment and then the exams.

Maybe I'll do a post every-so-often ... not that anything exciting or side-splittingly hilarious is happening around here.


Good news. We found Spotty Cat ... he was in the suitcase that Child 3 took to his grandparents ... We looked in the fridge, we looked under mattresses ... we looked in clothes' drawers ... in bush turkey-only zones ... but not in the bag Child 3 had with him ...

Anyway, Spot's back ...but doesn't look like Child 3 needs to sleep with him anyway ... he chooses to sleep with everything else he owns.


Sometime ago, I found this while we were helping grandad clean out his junk ... it's cast-iron and a bit rusted, so I'll give it a scrub.


I really didn't know what it was ... turns out it's a plate warmer ...


I discovered that when I went to peruse the H is for Home website ... 

Since I submitted my assignments, I have done a lot of post-traumatic vintage homewares searching on the Internet ... I bought some vintage Scandinavian Christmas cards ... they were the cheapest things on my wish list ...


And then I found this ... 


Despite the postage, I couldn't pass-it-up ... vintage Villeroy-Boch ...
I have matching sauce dishes ...which I haven't photographed.


And these ...


It's Danish Zeuthen redware pottery ... click here to see more ...

This is a creamer ... you don't see Danish redware often ... well, I don't ... she's selling it for a good price but the postage is the problem ... See below, I have one milk jug ... redware is a very tactile pottery with its white glaze. I love it. It is very fragile.


We also did some rearranging ... 


Child 2 seems to like redecorating ... Why does that not surprise me?


Maybe he'll be the designer of the family ... though he'd better learn how to avoid standing in dog poo because that'd turn-off his clients. 


See, he's done it again!


Here are some bottlebrushes for the Northern Hemisphere readers ... they're growing on the footpath ... they attract Rosellas which is pleasing!

 "Hello! I'm a Rosella!"

10 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you're back...and Spotty Cat is back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you must speed write your assignments. I wasn't expecting you to be back for ages! I particularly enjoyed the chuckle at sleeping child 3's expense today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms CP,
    it's amaazing how quickly one can do a half-arsed assignment! I left them to the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the shortest blog break I've ever witnessed. Welcome back - although it seems like you were never really away. I like how you handle PTS - vintage Villeroy is the way to do it alright. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny child 3!
    That shoe photo made me feel sick - dog poo is the worst smell eveeeerrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brismod,
    It wasn't long was it? I thought I could stay away. Every-so-often I hit the panic button with some gusto!

    Jennie,
    dog poo does smell ... which you'd think would ward away Child 2. Seems to attract him like a bee to honey. I like your new photo, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are good (and fast) at writing your assignments! Bet you can't wait for exams to be over ..... I'm wondering what kind of shopping we will see from you then!! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, as I suspected, you were just as efficient with youe assignments as with everything else you do! Glad to see Spotty Cat turned up in one piece; my little possom (what a lovely word) just started demanding her dolls and polar beer in bed with her. Child 2's future seems very promising; I like that pose :) And really, I'm serious, please send me your adress and I'll send you "something Scandinavian" for Christmas. I promise you won't hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fred! You're very cute. I'm so glad you're back MMMC, it's been a very hard week for me. Glad you're assignments are done, that must be a big relief. Post traumatic stress shopping- I must remember that one, it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the designs on your Zeuthen redware pottery. Special stuff!
    Thanks for the update on Spotty, and sharing the funny sleep shot. Little bower bird. Good luck for the exam!

    ReplyDelete