This blog's almost five months old ... it's beginning to roll over, and can hold its head up when it's on its stomach ... and it's starting to sit - with a bit of help - and in one month, I'll think about starting it on solids!
I forget why it was conceived. But it was born suddenly ... Just like that!
And now it's something I can't stop. Some days I think, "That's it! I've had enough! I'm wasting my time here".
And then I find myself typing some ridiculous spiel, or I'll think of some subject which needs urgent exporation in a highly superficial way ...
It's idiocy, yes. It's not solving the world's dilemmas ... that's what the four Independants are for!! Egad! Stop holding the country to ransom, Independant power-mad people!!
Body:
It gives me great satisfaction. The blog. It's fun to write. I never know what I'm going to cover and, if I'm desperate, I'll reach into my Mid-Century design bag and pull-out a designer or architect and some pretty pictures.
Of course, thank goodness I have children - they're an unpaid source of inspiration. In gratitude, I feed them.
And I've met some wonderful people through the blog.
Really.
Who'd have thought!?
I mean, in reality, is that something that one should tell people? That one has met others via the Internet? That's what socialising is for. And I'm very wary of cyber people ... some people may not be whom they seem ... so I'm conscious of that too.
But, you know, for the moment, I think you're okay!
Conclusion:
It's no juggernaut, this blog. It just goes where it pleases and gathers the odd-Follower along the way.
Here's to the other little blogs, which for one reason or another, have prompted me to select them, and I think you may want to have a gander at them and give them a 'Hey!'.
And if you read a blog, don't forget to Comment ... it'll mean alot to the author ...
Bibliography of Blogs...
Anna Bartlett ... because she's indefatiguable.
Fine Little Day ... because the images are always so breathtakingly Scandinavian.
Loyalist Cottage ... because she's understatedly amusing and is always loyally commenting.
Rocket and Bear ... because she makes amazing baby blankets and has lovely photos.
Knackered Mothers' Wine Club ... because sometimes I get knackered and need a wine to accompany my whine.
Bloesem Kids ... because she finds the cutest stuff.
Sean the Prawn ... because she makes nice girls' dresses, and she's a little blog. Like our blog.
Pencils and Pins ... because she's lovely and creative and humble.
Mid Century Madness ... because she's exactly what she says she is.
Cotton Kiwi ... because she was the first in my New Zealand cohort, and the first time I think that I realised that other people, other than my mother and sister, were reading.
Tee! Hee! Look at the cat in a plane!
Are there blogs you really like that need some promotion or attention?
We can all swamp them and they'll get the shock of their lives!

You know what - I think blogging is great because sometimes you just need to talk to someone, and whether its the computer screen or a human, at least you get to say it!
ReplyDeleteBTW - I did love the photos the other day of the child leaving home with packed suitcase
ha! i love this post. my little baby blog is only a wee little one but how fun to get to talk about nothing to people you never met? its great! :)
ReplyDeleteCurly Pops,
ReplyDeleteyou know he came back ...
Jaclyn,
Hello. You do have a nice little blog. It'll take off, you watch.
Thanks for the shout out. You really are a great "cyber" friend. May your domestic dramas never end.
ReplyDeleteYours in mindless chatter,
I get that you get that it's addictive, this blogging. So few people that actually 'live' in my life, get it at all. I didn't go to art school, I did business at uni. I didn't have some hippy trip, I joined the army, for chrissake. No wonder I don't know anyone else like me. Until I started blogging, that is.
ReplyDeleteI guess it makes me feel like less of a wierdo. Starting sewing projects that are way beyond my ability, in the middle of the night, for an event the next day - yep, there are other people who do that in blogland!
And it's all good.
Thank YOU for being a daily part of it.
Looking forward to our talk with Oprah.
One day.
(Actually, she'll probably be off air by then. It might be Ellen. Or, God help us, Kerrianne. Hmmm.)
I love this post! My blog is just a teeny whipper snapper of a thing and although I don't get many yet, it's always an awesome feeling to get a comment...and to make some blogging buddies! I love this idea of revealing some of your favourites too...might have to follow your lead!! xx
ReplyDeleteI have been getting a bit interested in this blogging thing since I stopped work but am loyal to only a few favourites. I tire quickly of the Stepford blogs and prefer to follow portrayals of chaos and honesty as they help me less out of sync with the aspirational "norm" in my world. Frankly the idea of writing one sends me into a tiny panic attack so I choose to live vicariously through you girls instead and comment profusely.
ReplyDeleteSide effect: Seeing the world as photo vignette possibilities as I move through my day and writing posts in my head...Is this some cyber disorder?
Annie
I loved reading your blog meta-analysis! I enjoy (but also find it kind of strange) that I now sometimes see life events through 'blog perspective' (such as forgeting to bring along directions to a place we'd never been and thinking, 'hey that'll make a good post' instead of 'what a disaster'). I think 'blog perspective' is a good thing, at least most of the time!
ReplyDeletehey - Thanks fro including !!! hooray
ReplyDeleteThe day before I started my blog, I didn't know what a blog was. Yep, have been living under a rock. Now I know what they are and have read a few (thousand), I feel much richer for the experience. I too see life events through "blog perspective"- and thought it was just me- am so glad to see I'm not alone!
ReplyDeletePS- I only leave comments on blogs I think are great;)