Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bush Turkey solution

I just emailed a woman about a dog.


Poor Noodle is getting older and one day he won't be with us ... so I've been thinking for a while that we get another poodle to cover the time when he dies.

We'll all be devastated when that happens and, of course you can't replace a dog, but possibly if we had another one, our sadness may not be so acute.



A standard poodle may also be the solution to our bush turkey dilemma.

Take that, wretched birds!

6 comments:

  1. Make sure your new dog acts like the one in the photos. Would Noodle get his noggin out of joint if a newbie nested with him?

    p.s. I was checking my blog stats. Did you realize we know where every single person comes from when they read our blogs!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your title and had a bit of a moment there when I thought that was Noodle out the back doing some dirty-dog work for you.... like a cat bringing in a mouse for your approval! Can you imagine ? Perhaps some robust barking and frenzied running in a hunterly fashion would suffice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    Noodle would be okay ... we have another poodle visit every-so-often and Noodle puts up with him. He's very stoic.

    AA,
    just some backyard, prancy-bouncy-dog action would be enough to scare them away. I don't want any bloodied, bird carcasses at the backdoor. I can hardly touch supermarket chicken breast without gagging.

    Yours in letting butchers do that sort of thing,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puppies are very boisterous and high maintenance, particularly for older dogs. I think it would be unfair on Noodle in the late stages of his life, particularly when he is almost blind, to be lept on and bitten by a puppy. He should be able to relax in the last years of his life.
    Yes it will be hard, but I don't think softening the blow for you, at the expense of Noodle's peace is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ct,
    Noodle is beimg leaped on by a 4-yr-old and a one-yr-old, like you wouldn't believe. A puppy would effectively leave him alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to say, after 5 children leaping on one another, pecking-order-wise, that a chocolate standard poodle puppy , named ch(?k)oodle, is just what the hacienda needs right now.
    let's face it - Noodle would think it's either Paddy or Child#4, and not care either way.
    NOW, is the time for (?)Toodle.

    ReplyDelete