It's all quiet on the home front.
We bought some shoes for almost everyone ...
I made a lasagne ... for some people ...
I love making lasagne ...
There's a lot of prep work ... but it's worth it because it's one of those meals which lasts for days ...
I'm including lots of photos of its preparation, because that annoys one of the people I made it for ...
And I'm hoping that'll make her laugh.
Trained Child 1 in the ancient art of washing up ... look how big she's getting! Oh, she's on a stool.
I chased a few Buzzards ... Usual story. "Stop for a photo, you stupid bird!"
It's still all quiet on the home front. Literally. Silent.
Childs 2 & 3 have been at their grandparents for the last two days. No fighting. No tension. No dobbing!
I hear that countless times a day ... 'I'm dobbin' ... it irritates me beyond belief.
I can hear it being said even if it's being whispered in the upper reaches of the Himalayas. If a sherpa's had enough of another sherpa and they feel like 'dobbin', it filters down to me.
I tell the Childs, "I don't care what someone's done to you if you have to 'dob' to me".
"I'm only interested in what I witness myself. So there's no point dobbin', if I didn't see the alleged crime."
So they can come to me ... with all intentions of dobbin' ... their arm may be hanging from its socket and they've got a stick protruding from their thigh ... I don't want to know.
When I used to annoy my brother he used to say, "I'm dobbin'! Dave Dobbyn!"
That used to make me laugh. It still makes me elicit a guffaw.
I'm sorry, I have to ask: what is dobbin? Is it like "I'm telling!"
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the video, especially the bad lip synching.
Glad all is quiet for you. That must be quite a change!
Enjoy the peace and quiet and the no dobbin.
You must be my twin. I have to buy kid shoes and I've lasagne ingredients in the fridge...
ReplyDeleteIn my oligopoly I punish both the dobber and the dobbee. Also the dobber as the one who vocalalised the complaint gets additional punishment for dobbing. Basically if you come running to me with tales I will punish the lot of you for egging each other and double dose it for being the blabbermouth. If you whinge about being given a chore you get another and if you whinge about getting punishment talk to the sibling who dobbed not me. I will then add more and more chores until they stop complaining and get on with it.
ReplyDeleteDeb,
ReplyDelete'dobbing' is classic Australian vernacular for 'informing on someone'. But 'round here, my poorly educated children drop the 'g'.
And the Dave Dobbyn song was a huge hit in the 80s (I couldn't stand it) by a New Zealander. I think the New Zealanders love it! One of them may want to elucidate further ...
BM,
it's lasagne-making weather ... and gum boots are in order.
Kotaatok,
you run a tight ship ... I can't even get mine to do chores. They just say 'No'. Then what do you do?
I do hope Spotty hasn't been dragged off into a turkey lair as a hostage. They may want to negotiate better conditions like more dog food on better China or less vandalous acts on their mouldering mounds. He'll probably escape and return, sodden and leaf speckled with wild tales of his time when he went bush (turkey).
ReplyDeleteAh yes. Dobbin' and Dobbyn. Both highly popular in this house too. Can't really avoid the latter with the man working in the Kiwi music industry. He's doing a church tour at the mo (Dobbyn, not the other half). I hear "I'm going to tell you off" a lot in this house. It's meant to be "I'm going to tell on you". I always run and hide behind the couch when I hear it. Unfortunately, they always find me.
ReplyDeleteAA,
ReplyDeleteyou're meant to be on holidays.
"I'm dobbing! MUUUUM! CK's hiding behind the couch again!"
i'm trying to combine a few thing these holidays. When big boys get too rowdy they have to come and do yoga with the little ones and waybaloo, and if dobbers dare dob, they're told to 'CALL CAPTAIN MACK!' as that would be the only solution. Am thinking some dishwashing training may be in order...
ReplyDeleteChores wise my lot know the consequences ie I go on strike. I only have to do it ever couple of years but one week of mother on strike is something they all remember. When they were little a weeks worth of their fathers cooking was enough to convince them it was a good idea to do their chores. Repeat after me. No if you are hungry talk to your father. You need to be as good as a two year old with the word No.
ReplyDeleteTeenagers really dont like it when mums taxi service goes on strike or she starts docking your allowance/pay-packet for food and board. If you want you allowance do the chores you agreed to so that you can earn it. Since I hold the bank accounts they really dont like it when I refuse to support any withdrawals for their planed expenditures such as trips out with friends.