We went to the doctor today because this child's deaf ... he needs his hearing tested ...
and this child's on a diet of antibiotics because stuff flows from her orifices like there's no tomorrow ...
This child, the hard-of-hearing one, thinks it's preferable to pretend the Myer dummies are Mummy!
I tell him to hold the hand that Fate dealt him.
I tell him to hold the hand that Fate dealt him.
This child's just a fool and there's nothing I can do about it.
This is what I use my printer cartridges on. They get coloured-in and then the baby eats them.
This fridge beeps at me all the time when I constantly leave the door open. As a luddite, I'd prefer to be told by Mr Sour Milk and Mrs Melted Butter that I lack upper-body strength.
This evidence tells me that some bird creature has come into the house, while I was unawares, and relieved itself perilously close to Child 2's shoe. I don't live in a cave, Readers. I don't know why fauna is causing me so much angst.
This plant needs to be re-potted.
I think its roots were strangling it.
This television show is so funny ... I think I'll watch this DVD this weekend.

Yes! I love Q.I. Everyone in my house is asleep by 9.30PM so I sit there with my tea and pretend I'm attending a terribly amusing dinner party with my friends, Steven and Jonathan Creek. It's one of those laugh out loud ones.
ReplyDeleteClose call on the bird poo!
You are so punny! Look at it this way, child 4 eats for free with all that paper lying around. Child 1 must be perfect, I see no mention of her.
ReplyDeleteQ1 is a favourite of mine as well.
ReplyDeleteSo subtly funny and erudite at the same time.
The English have such panache and successfully produce a television show such as this.
You know that tall thin plant with lots of roots?
If you cut off the top with the leaves, and cut off a few stalks from the rest of the plant bringing it back to ground level,each of the cut off bits will grow a new plant if placed in a pot with potting mix and watered.
I love that plant because it is so forgiving for the non-green fingered.
I am really sorry about child#2's deafness.
But, good mothering for picking up on the problem at this stage when it can be fixed.
That colouring-in is perfect.
What a save on colouring books!
This post made med smile.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me think that "things are what they are", and the best thing to do is to go with the flow. Enjoy the moment, enjoy the day :)
REPLY to your comments: yes, it´s a birch, and no it´s not me in the photo (but it does look similar to me... cut the hair a bit and add a a pound, and you´re there).
I like the look of the fool. Particularly the towousers. I saw Stephen Fry in July. I had to pinch myself. The man is a genius. Envious?
ReplyDeleteAnnie,
ReplyDeletethat's kind of how I watch it too ... it flows like a witty dinner party ie the complete opposite of any of the dinners I'm used to. (Mental Note to Self: Have lots of witty dinner parties).
Deb,
Child 1 was at school ... Child 4 does digest a lot of paper. In the post office at the shops today, Child 2 pulled a decorative pebble out of her mouth. I think I stopped the pram for too long near a decorative pot plant and the stony mulch proved easy pickings for her.
DMC, I will cut up that plant tomorrow.
Konfettiform, sometimes I wish I was Norwegian.
Zigsma, you have a language all your own. And I am envious. Stephen Fry is up there with Captain Mack, as far as I'm concerned.
....and Gordon!
ReplyDeleteI found Gordon today. He's looking at me now, calling out the 'letter of the day' everytime I type it.
ReplyDelete"Y"!
you make me chuckle out loud! and BTW becoming a lawyer in the midst of mummydom seriously deserves a some kind of award! amazing. i can barely help with the 3rd grade math. i blame it on my artistic genius. :)
ReplyDelete