Monday, September 13, 2010

Today

I baked a Poppy Seed and Berry Cake today. It was delicious and I'm useless at baking.


I used two of Anon Annie's fresh organic Chickens-Against-Feral-Bush-Turkeys eggs ... if you want the recipe, tell me, and I'll post it tomorrow.


Three quarters of the Sewing Square dropped by ... mathematically, what would that make it?



We did the usual ... flicked through books ... and sewed a smidgen ...


I'm just showing off with my nice crockery ...


This Square was cutting this fabric last month ... sometimes it's hard to find the time to sew.


One of the Square gave me these books ... she reads the blog ... maybe she's telling me to "KEEP YOUR CRAZY IDEAS TO YOURSELF, MMMC!"



Phew! After they left, my favourite show, Captain Mack came on, and I laughed myself stupid!


My guffawing woke the baby, so I gave her lunch ...


I let her borrow some highlighters and we listened to some Simon & Garfunkel ... don't some of their tunes nail it?


I finished off her Liberty pants ... you know my opinion on Liberty ... maybe I should make her a hat ...


When the other Childs came home I started training them ... in potting plants ...


I don't think you 'sprinkle' mulch ...


And Deb wants to know what Vegemite is ...


This is what it looks like inside, Deb. It's very salty. I eat it sparingly on toast. Child One only ever has Vegemite sandwiches. According to the bottle, it's a concentrated yeast extract. A rich source of Vit B and folate. Its ingredients include: yeast extract (from yeast grown on barley), salt, mineral salt, malt extract, colour, Flavours, niacin, thiamine, Riboflavin, folate.



We're all diggin' shoes at the MC Hacienda at the moment ... and they're the right kinda shoes.

9 comments:

  1. poppy seed and berry cake - recipe yes please!! sounds yum, anything with poppy seeds and i'm sold really.

    what on earth is the baby eating for lunch? Is that grated cheese or raw fettecine? the new pants look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poppy seed and berry cake - recipe please!
    love anything with poppy seeds so that sounds delish.

    what on earth is the baby eating for lunch? is that grated cheese or raw fettecine? her pants look just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, wouldn't it have been nice to live just a tiny bit closer? And practical; I would, for example, never worry about the mess and say things like "oh, it's a bit untidy here at the moment..." (at the moment.. ha,ha ) Really wouldn't make any difference, and it would feel just like home, if you popped by! (What a thought...)
    Love the shoes (always) and the pot on the table, is that Norwgian? (thought I recognized it). Cake looks wonderful... look how many things you're ablee to do in one day - I'm overwhelmed! (And happy you're here... I mean, there). (My god, how much rambling, but can't delete it all now :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, cake, recipe please ...I like the Liberty pants... and mulch sprinkling is much better than mulch throwing, so I'd accept it any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! You've had a busy day. I think three quarters of a square would be a triangle? Your crockery is lovely, worth showing off. The vegemite? Not so much but thanks for the visual. Child 4 is adorable in her Liberty and I am so glad you're training the Childs re gardening skills. I guess you don't need my help after all. Oh yes, your cake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a full day. I love your table cloth and your crockery. I love that child4 dances to Simon and Garfunkel with a box on her head. I'm quite fond of them too and dance frequently to their tunes but I prefer a lampshade in place of the box. And please, no matter how many pretty little blank books you get, don't stop writing on your blog. Leave the books blank, you can re-gift them someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recipe please! I'm always looking for ways to use up that half-used bag of Poppy Seeds that's always sulking in my pantry.

    Oh and if you can't train the kids to do the chores train them to use less clothes. We had a set of play clothes that we had to put on straight after school, in the hope we could get another day out of our uniforms. Mum would only let us exchange them for a different set when things got grim - it might help reduce a load or two.

    M-L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan,
    I'll post the recipe today ... and the baby loves grated cheese!

    Viilhvile,
    it is a norwegian teapot! And one day I will visit you in Norway ... and then you'll be sorry!

    Catherine,
    the mulch bag is open in the back yard, so I expect there'll be mulch throwing at some point today.

    Deb,
    correct on the triangle. You've won the right to do one of my exams ... after you've had a vegemite sandwich.

    MCM,
    regifting ... have done it once or twice. I'm writing ideas for the blog in the books, so they're useful!

    M-L,
    less clothes is more ... 'grimy' may become my yardstick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new look head protector for Child#4.
    Could you teach Child#3 to plant something in the vegemite pot?
    I looks all ready for a vegie plant.
    Better than eating the revolting stuff.
    Love your crockery.
    It will be fascinating to see what is eventually made from that gorgeous Japanese fabric. Do we see it each time you meet, or am I again having a senior moment?

    ReplyDelete