Monday, June 14, 2010

Back from the Land of Grandad

The Husband came back from the Land of Grandad yesterday evening. He was smelly and dirty and a bit upset that Grandad yelled at him.

Seems that earlier the Husband rang me saying that not much was being thrown away, more like 'moved around'. Then I rang Grandma saying nothing was being thrown away and it was being moved from one place to the other. And then Grandma rang Grandad and said it all had to be thrown away and the Husband didn't want to come back!

Anyway, the Husband brought home some boxes of stuff in the hope that my Italian love was lurking somewhere wrapped snugly in pages of The Courier Mail circa 1998 (when reasonable domestic properties in outer-suburbs were nudging $200,000).

I have not yet found, my Italian love ... instead I have found ...


International beer steins! 


Which require washing ... poor Husband. I'm not particularly thrilled by beer steins. Hopefully, there's an untapped Ebay market for international beer drinking vessels.

We also found ...


Wine glasses. So things here are beginning to look somewhat publican.

The Husband did snatch these ...


They are looking extremely shabby, but with a bit of a clean, the tops may end-up looking like these ...


Shame I can only see the tops! I amazingly found this image this evening. The Law notes suggested I peruse some domestic images on the Internet. Those Law notes!


2 comments:

  1. There most certainly is a a market for beer steins on ebay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty,
    let me know your country of preference and I'll tip you off when they're about to hit the market!

    ReplyDelete