Mamabake. The concept is quite appealing.
A group of mothers get together as much as once-a-week.
Everyone cooks a big batch of their own dish and, at the end of the session, the dishes are divvied-up between the cooks.
And there you have it, five or six ready meals to stash in the freezer at home until they're needed!
Brilliant. I do wonder how they manage to cook it all on just one stove ... and how they manage with all the pots and pans and ladles, and then washing up. But maybe they can explain that at a later date.
But while they're frying, stewing, simmering, baking, they get to have a good chat and look after the babies.
I think it's a great concept.
A good-natured, down-to-earth, grass-roots, Facebook-based revolution in the hills of Northern New South Wales.
It's about taking the time to be with friends and cook-up delicious food to fill the bellies of the noisiest people in your life.
It's really getting back to what's important ... it makes making dinner a lot easier ... and gives mums a bit more time to do what they want to do.
And it acknowledges that sometimes being a mother is a lot of hard work, much of it isn't fun, but there are some ways to lighten the load.
I think the idea seems to be growing ...









I think I'd have to bring Take-away Chinese.
ReplyDelete