It's been a day of folding for me, Three Readers.
I know you have equally monolithic piles of your own. Such is the irrepressibly glamorous life I lead in the suburbs.
I'm toying with the idea of instigating a new regime within the wood-lined walls of the Mid-Century hacienda.
Namely, no more wearing pyjamas, once, before they're washed. No more using a towel, once, before it's put out to be washed. No more after-school outfits which are worn for 15 minutes before it's bath time already.
Child 2 is the worst offender. He is quite the male dandy and insists on looking 'handsome' by wearing a complete ensemble every afternoon after school.
Like this ...
And this ...
And this ...
Further, he is pressuring me to secure him a television contract with associated glossy Woman's Magazine coverage because it seems that based on the whispers in the playground post his Show-and-Tell, he's 'funny' and on top of that, his best friend at school has appeared in a clothing catalogue.
I suggested if he could get an appendage tightly-wedged in a drain, or something similar, I would be forced to call the fire brigade and we might be the final 'good news' story on the nightly news. But, all things considered, that was the best I could do.
Why do kids need to change outfits five times a day? Mine were terrible for that.
ReplyDeleteFor a while at that age I tried going to sleep in my school uniform because I thought it would make my mornings more efficient.
ReplyDeleteNot sure the dandy would appreciate that suggestion.
Forward thinking. Good one, Ct.
ReplyDeleteGeez, you're like our 'lost twin' family... have just instructed children that they are not to put on clean clothes unless (a) current ones are food or dirt stained or (b) they stink. They are still to regularly change underwear.
ReplyDeleteWe'll see how that goes...
AB,
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to wash undies. And if it was summer, that's all I'd make my children wear.
The only difference between us is that you're highly-creative mother, and I'm extremely-cranky mother.