I've had a great day thus far. And I will punctuate this post with lovely images of CatherineHolm enamelware to sooth my shattered self.
I was woken by Child 2 who climbed into bed with us and, after a short time, whispered to me, "Mum, do you have a bath?"
"What?" I answered, suddenly awake.
"Do you have a bath?"
"Why's that Child 2? Do I smell?", my voice rising.
" .... No ....", his voice dropping.
"Well, I actually don't have baths. I don't have the time to stand around in a fluffy robe while the tub fills with steaming hot water. Nor do I have the time to slide in and soak for extended periods of silent time in Crabtree & Evelyn bubbles up to my nose.
"I have showers. When I can."
"Do I smell Child 2? Right then, everybody can wait for their breakfast until Mummy has had a shower and gotten dressed!"
So they all sat around the freezing dining room table looking hungry (except for Child 4 who never says anything wrong).
When I came into the kitchen to see the Husband standing there, doing nothing, he said "You smell better!"
During breakfast, Child 1 declared she had a sore throat and couldn't go to school.
I said, "You've got a sore throat because you've just spent the last half-hour screaming at your brothers. You don't want to go to school because you think you're going to fail your science project".
Child 1's CSIRO Orange Certificate science project is due today. We have already submitted this experiment twice, only to be told by her teacher that it's 1) confused and then on the second attempt 2) a Year 4 project, not a Year 12 report.
Child 1 is the only student her class that is not going to get a Certificate. Everyone else has submitted a passable project. She did her project for the third time last night, and today is judgment day!
I said, "Because I have to get up in the morning, you have to go to school and face the music.If you fail the project for the third time, and are the only child in your class that doesn't get called up in assembly to get a certificate, then that's a lesson learned".
She then said she couldn't find her shoes, and that it was library day. I decided the weeks are too short, and I was sure this scenario only played itself out ... yesterday.
So we all spent some time looking for shoes and library books.
"You're going to school," I declared.
Found!
Then Child 2, the one with the perfect hygiene, said "I can't find my shoes".
All the time, a pile of Superior Court judgments are sitting on the couch, laughing and pointing at me!




How on earth do you have the time to do all this, and take photos of it all as you go?
ReplyDeleteNoodle helps.
ReplyDeleteWhat about the radio under the bowl! I do love a bit of vintage electronics including fabric and pointy arrow things and teak and knobs that go "Click!"
ReplyDeleteRemind me not to invite him overnight here.
ReplyDeleteThe smells are over-powering early in the morning.
Eew!
ReplyDelete