Friday, June 18, 2010

This post's a bit rude ...

I'm a bit nervous about my exam. I really don't want to do it. On top of that, I'm not good in social situations. I don't mix well with people.

And in these law exams, there's a couple of hundred, young beautiful things, all looking schooled-up and funky.

I may wear one of these on Monday to the exam, just to break the ice ...


It's a giant name tag! I can hear the whispers now, 'Hey, did you meet MMMC? She's a mature-aged student, but she's gettin' out-and-about on campus'.

And, then when I'm in the exam proper, I'll pull these out and stick them all over the question sheets.

Those hep young legal cats will think, 'Gosh, she's a hard nut! She'll blitz this thing and, if she don't, she don't give a $&*%!'.


You can see more of these crazy must-haves, here.

9 comments:

  1. This is brilliant - I wish I'd had those stickers for my law exams many years ago, also as a mature student so I feel for you. Sitting in that room surrounded by hoards of youngsters - many with furry toys and other 'lucky' mascots ( and that was the boys/men!) By now some of them no doubt are top lawyers or even approaching becoming high court judges. Good Luck in your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just make sure you turn up to the right exam. I once turned up for a uni exam and worked away at it for 20-30 minutes (mostly sharpening my Hello Kitty and Tuxedo Sam pencils) before I realised that it was not the right subject.

    After much distress at the student office, turned out I was meant to be there, but had just been swatting the wrong subject for the past week.

    Those uni exam timetable's were so tricky to read! Probably could have done with some of those post it notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Elegancemaison,
    Thank you. Your observation about the mascots/lucky charms did make me laugh, to the point that I received a glare from the Husband (he thinks I'm cramming)! I have seen such trinkets. And it takes such superstitious types the entire perusal time to place them carefully across the top of their desks ... I'd be ripping the heads of my furry toys or throwing my lucky undies in frustration, if I could be bothered dragging them along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R3,
    that story's enough to make me break out in a cold sweat. At least you had nice sharp pencils ... that's an area of study that's much overlooked. And the sharper the pencils are, the more noise they make when you're repeatedly stabbing them into the desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog after seeing a link to it on Meet Me At Mike's. Love it!! you have such a way with words!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments, Three Readers!

    I'll let you know how the sticky labels go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!! Definitely don't wear one of those name tags lady!

    Those note thingies are hilarious!! I should get them for my MIL. Or not.

    I deliberately chose all my uni subjects dependent on whether there was an exam, or it was purely assessment. I hate exams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your study is going as succefully as your blog seems to be. I note that this is one of your more popular entries. Perhaps the addition of gutter-talk is hitting the mark you were after.

    Best of luck with the exam! You will be great, name tags and sticky notes or not.

    ReplyDelete