Three Readers,
I'm afraid I've created an image of myself as the hoity-toity, fancy-pants who hob-nobs with European merchants, big-noting myself by discussing my, in reality, tawdry collection of second-hand vases.
The truth is ... I'm a simpleton. I like simple things and get joy from - not much at all.
Here are some things that simply cheered me during the last 24 hours:
Child 4 wearing a little Liberty skirt I made her from an old piece of fabric I had in High School. It has a nice piece of red ric-rac around the base. She looks too cute in it, but it's quite impractical for a crawler!
Child 3's kindy artwork - it shows he can write his name and focus on something other than a train track.
Another kindy artwork by Child 3. I like its MC tones of orange and brown. Excessive use of glue, though.
Child 2's paper-plate chicken. They do amazing things in Prep. Most of them end up in the bin - but not this one because the little chicky's feathery tail is, in fact, Child 3's hands! Brilliant.
Child 2's portrait - "His Ageing Mother". It is a true masterpiece, if only because of its uncanny resemblance to the ageing mother herself!
"Got my best side, Husband?" (Ha! Ha! Look, I'm stirring a pot of nothing!)
Such a household of talent! I do like "His Ageing Mother". Particularly the rhinestone earings.
ReplyDeleteI think he had adult assistance.
ReplyDeleteThe Picasso nose suits you.
ReplyDelete